World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Pittenweem pier yesterday, arrived around 4pm and fished the incoming tide and few hours after.
fished 4pm - 11pm

Conditions looked good, coloured water bit off an easterly wind .
Bait : Mackerel, Squid,Mussels,Razors,Baby Squid.Large Blacks.

I setup 2 beachcasters at various distances and a boat rod with an Abu 10000 CA reel with a Conger rig with mackerel flapper lol ( i can only try :) )

shortly after i setup another member on this forum decided too try his luck here too . Madfisher .
he setup 2 rods and was hopeful off catching with the water and wind conditions too !

shortly after we noticed a cracking knock on my rod :notworthy ... which looked Brilliant, only too see a Fulmar flying away lol... it must have flew into my line , looked like a cracking bite all the same lol.

after trying few different baits, not alot else happened... no rattles nowt, baits were stripped most times , either crabs or very small coalfish,
too make things worse 3 seals appeared and stayed all night.

so around 10pm Madfisher left with a dented ego .
i continued too fish and not long after madfisher left my rod actually moved lol.
i picked it up and felt a little movement, struck into it and started reeling , i thought yes im gonna save the blank, only too find it was a large kelp stalk. :)

aye things were that bad i even took a crap piccy off it ahah.

so enough was enough i also left ... 7 hours fishing and not even a nibble lol.
crap !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
unlucky m8 ,the pic of the kelp stalk dont half look like an eel thats had a good battering lol ,

mark

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice Kelp there, is it worth putting on the Speceimen list lol. Unlucky mate.
Neal
The Skink

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unlucky m8 ,the pic of the kelp stalk dont half look like an eel thats had a good battering lol ,

mark
i wish it was an eel, it would have saved the blank :)

Nice Kelp there, is it worth putting on the Speceimen list lol.
i should have weighed it and started a new thread ,can any1 beat this 4 foot kelp :).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good post Andy that was exact how it was, crap. A few small coalfish hitting the baits that was about the highlight of the night. Will be back to try again tho!!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unlucky Andy, were you fishing the end of the pier ?
Aye Dave, i usually go off the wall , but decided too try the end.

i will have too get out fishing soon too hopefully catch summit lol.
nowt worse than the dreaded blank :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts