World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is my first post on this site. Returning to fishing after 25 years , had a go at Pittenweem of harbour wall, caught only 6 small coalies, all about 1lb and 1 wrasse about 1/2lb but lost a s**t load of tackle. Can anybody recomend any decent fishing marks around the east coast (based Edinburgh so anywhere whithin about an hours drive) where I can take 2 teenagers new to fishing and they will catch fish without losing too much tackle (otherwise I will spend all my time tying on their new gear and I will not get any fishing time)

Cheers
Billy.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Morning Captain

Like you, I would also like to find a boat that takes out individuals. Although I live in Glasgow I fish over on the East Coast sometimes. Only started a few months back. Have heard that South Queensferry harbour is good for a mixed bag - yet to fish it though. Might head that way on Saturday. You could try Cockenzie for mackerel and possibly bass near the powerstation or you could head to Dunbar, North Berwick. Apparently all have pollack and codling. I'm sure someone with more knowledge of these marks can help out further.

I have a four year old son who likes to float fish (as he can see the 'action') so anywhere with small pollack, wrasse etc would be great for him.

Tight lines

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi, Captian,

The loss of tackle depends on the species you are targeting, if its Cod youre after then youre going to lose quite a bit of gear cause of their liking for rough ground.

Float fishing and spinning for Mackerel-Pollack or fishing clean ground for flatties will be less demanding on the rig wallet.

As Blenny said there are a lot of marks up and down the bit of coastline you are near, Dunbar, North Berwick, st Abbs & Eyemouth all of which produce various species and offer different types of ground to fish over.

Try Mikes Tackle shop for info on boats they will probably be able to tell you who takes individuals and costings, they should also be able to recommend where is fishing just now and what is being caught....

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts