World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
headed up to pittenweem on sunday with my nephew jamie and long term fishing pal mike,it was jamies first time sea fishing and we definately have another convert even though he did not catch anything he is dying to go back out,we had lug,mussel,mackrel .squid and limpets with the foot removed which caught the first wrass,just a baby then another for mike about 2 hours later then on lugworm mike brought in a 5 pound cod with a belly full of prawn and hardback crab:clap3:(gets me thinking about bait)which made the day perfect.No mackies though we tried for ages with spinners but no luck,the sea was coloured with a mild swell and we fished single hooks because the place is very snaggy,the cod ARE there jamie is itching to get one and so am i......:)

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Hi there,that was me and a couple of mates fishing next to you.I was the bloke with the shirt sleeves.One of the guys had said you mentioned mackerel but although you might get the odd one from Pittenweem,(and in 40 years fishing there I've never seen one myself),it's virtually unheard of to get them from the pier.1/2 mile offshore certainly.The ground around Pittenweem pier is thick kelp and is a bit of a graveyard for tackle,but that can be easily helped coz the tide goes well back on a spring tide and you can easily see the little clear bits that are worth aiming for.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi there,codhead bob,maybe we should all get badges to identify us to one another :g:what did you catch?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts