World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off to me van at valley today and I want to try to catch something different maybe place or two can someone point me in the right direction thanks. Andy you seem to no the area well can you help please mate cheers

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
I know they catch plaice at Trearddur bay and Cymyran beaches but I'm not sure what conditions will be like for them this weekend, I think it's forecast a bit rough :(.

You could stop in at Mostyn on the way past but with all this rain, sleet and snow we've had over the last few days it might be a struggle there too.

Hopefully someone else will be able to point you in the right direction for a more sheltered mark that will still fish well, good luck ;).

G

·
There is very little meat on them right now, we usually wait until June for them to get some weight back on after spawning here on the Dee.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have been told of a few being caught off ravens point and off Trearddur beach, but as Andy points out the wind is shifting to a southerly at the weekend so might be a tad rough for plaice.

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
Raven's Point as suggested above or trotting a rig R-L facing the sea over the clean ground at range off the very end of Holyhead Breakwater, but start retrieving when the line's at about ten o'clock (facing the sea) or you'll be into heavy ground. This works just after high water and into the early ebb. Might be a bit early in the year though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.