World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Can anyone recommend any good places to shore fish in northern Ireland. Im based in Armagh and due to an accident I will have a bit of time to spare, I'm ideally looking for the east coast (kilkeel,newcastle etc)

Any recommendations please and also recommend bait.

Many thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Sion,

Look no further than http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/ ... ' shore marks'. Its pretty comprehensive and makes me look forward to a trip home sometime soon! Some of the village around the SE even have boards up with the sea fish that can be caught locally and how to do it!

Good luck with it all!

Andy

·
Registered
21 Posts
i can give you some spots in the antrim area whitehead,portmuck,glenarm,waterrfoot,to name but a fue glenarm beach is fishing well at the min and waterfoot is fishing very well i got a 2-3lb place of it the other night come up and give it a go it might be a bit far for you but the fishing is very good so good in fact that i just spent £150 on rod and mutiplier im on the sick two m8 and fishing is the onley thing that i get a buzz out of and i hope that this helps you and you niver no may be i will see you some day im out fishing :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry to disagree, but wouldn't want Sion to travel all the way to Glenarm for nothing. I,ve been fishing there and watching others fish off the beach there every wed and most weekends for the past few months in all weather at all states of tide but with the almost unheard of exception of one 3 1/2 lb bass and a couple of doggies,I've never seen anyone catch anything more than six inches long. Plenty of baby ling, whitting codling, coallies, pollack & flounder.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Biker Al,

i can confirm that Glenarm doesn't fish to well in the winter months.

I saw 2-3lb plaice taken off it last summer.

If you are at Glenarm - try fishing off the breakwater at the south of the harbour - good spot.

GG

·
Registered
971 Posts
hi sion, wellcme i live in lurgan and fish the south down area. you said you have had a accident with time on your hands,well lets see if we can keep you busy mark 1 green castle fishes rotton bottom mark2cranfield fishes rotton bottom mark3 kilkeel south arm rotton bottom mark4 annalong south side rottn bottom mark 5 newcastle harbour do not fish over wall off the end or straight down inside harbour second mark newcastle rock mark the kilkeel road about 1 mile picnic area car park about 200yds past gap in wall steep grass bank follow path to the right fishes rotton bottom trolling with feathers and lures or float mark6 dudrum bay never fished it but been told nursery for flatties for info on killough ,ardglass and ballyhornan ask mairek/ ryan off this site mark7 killard point deep water rotton bottom mark8 millquarter bay light weed fresh water outlet onto this beach sea trout have been caught here mark9 kilclief bay nursey fish only i think that covers south down fishspecies congereel,codling,wrasse, whiting coalfish,dab plaice pollack,dogfish and mackerel during the summer months baitssquid,mackie,rag lug sandeels limppets regards peter thew33mansda

1 - 6 of 6 Posts