World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
just a quick non bass question!!!
how good is the plaice fishing off the Essex coast once you have gone out far enough to clear water?, rather fancy a proper go at plaice, spurdog and tope this year, know the charters go to the swin so that's ok for tope but any advice on the prospect of serious plaice options would be great
Thank you!!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Don't think you'll have much luck fella on plaice around here,I've tried & know a few others that have,we don't get the clarity in the water, they are there as are turbot etc they get caught in the commercial netters,you used to get them off Thorpe bay shoebury area 25 years ago but not any more,good luck on chasing them though,Ade

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi codling chaser

There are a few red spots to be had but long distances involved. I wouldn't bother anywhere inside the knock as its too hit and miss with water clarity. The next bank out holds a few as will ground behind some wrecks they like a bit of movement but more than 1.5 knots tide forget it so neaps only really. Rewarding if you find them but alot of effort required I only use fish for them for couple hours or so while doing other stuff off there.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi guys, thnk you, kind of thought that but thought I would ask, good to get some feedback, most my fishing around the wallet and looking to broaden my fishing area quite a bit
Cheers
Neil

·
Registered
574 Posts
Only ever been out far enough for the sea to change colour a few times, from Brightlingsea, and it's a long way out, can't recal having a breath taking session to warrant the risk in a small boat, not to mention the fuel. Had some nice hounds and tope from the middle deeps but launched from Burham on crouch, quality ramp block paved all the way and plenty of parking space and sensibly priced for launching your boat in the water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts