World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
many thanks to all the boys who turned up this morning ,after pulling up on the car park i suddenly realised that the tackle box i had put all the bait, rigs etc... in i had left at home thanks go to the boys who sorted me out with rigs ,weights etc.....so we set off for a ten minute stroll to the mark were i left the lads fishing while i went for some fresh bait when i returned 2 plaice had been caught 3/4 of a pound each over the next 21/2 hours a further 7plaice and three flounders were caught best plaice 11/4lb best flounder 11/2lb a really enjoyable session so early in the season some of the other lads will post pictures, over the next six weeks this mark should fish better and better , it was nice to meet new people, and all there better halves should thank me as most went home slimmer and happy over a good day out cheers gutz......by the way 1 plaice , 1 large flounder me no blanker:clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
well done Andy

wish i could have made it matey looks like you had a good time after the little mishap at the beginning

alls well that ends well

cant wait for cubbys post he's getting as bad as me with the camera lol

tightlines...............................daz

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
cheers gutz , it was a cracking venue , but i think the ten minute walk , was more like half an hour and about half a mile :blink:
check this out ,, you were so far out the only person that can be seen is chorleyboy and hese the little black dot just right of center , lol ,

this is carls big flounder ( samsdad )

and this is one gutz caught ( another nice fat flounder )

and these are a few of the plaice i caught

all but one of the fish came to gutzes superb fresh lug, this is gutz showing some of the lads how its done

this is a picky of the lads at the start of play , nearest to the camera is bobby then chorleyboy then rushy and some other lads who i diddn't get the chance of chatting to ( the wind was blowing mi gear over )

and this was the first fish caught , followed minutes later by yours truly catching a plaice,
it went dead for a while , but these bladdy kite surfers diddnt help matters
i was hoping these two would colide but sadly they just past one another

just got to say a big thanks to gutz and it was nice meeting some more of the lads , beltin day out
cuberd

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
oops ,, this is the first fish caught

and here's a few vids , the first one is at carls request so that he can see his casting technique and the next is of the lads having a chat and the craik, and the third is a vid looking over to the beach we fish in fleetwood ( the channel ) at high water , i think its interesting to see the place at low water ( just shows how bladdy deep it realy is :kissing:

and heres a picky of fleetwood channel and the beach too

phhheeew ,, i think thats all of em ( your right daz i am a bit of a photo olick :secret: )

cuberd

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Cheers Gutzy:clap2: :clap2:

Good company, good weather and a few fish caught as well, bang on!!:thumbs:

P.s. a bit of advice for those that didn't go today, if wormguts ever offers to take you on a ten minuite stroll, tell him to shove it!!:laugh:

Thanks again gutz.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
thems crackin pics cubby that last one of fleetwood was a nice shot:clap3: :clap3:

good to see some early plaice out might give it a shot in next couple of months if jay can get a pass out:unsure: :blink: :blink: :g: :nonono:

tightlines.................................daz

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
thems crackin pics cubby that last one of fleetwood was a nice shot:clap3: :clap3:

good to see some early plaice out might give it a shot in next couple of months if jay can get a pass out:unsure: :blink: :blink: :g: :nonono:

tightlines.................................daz
if you go there daz , just take one rod , a rod spike and a ruck sack , we all agreed that carrying a basket is a big no no , but it's well worth the effort once you get out there mate
cuberd

ps that picky of jason in the first shot was him half way back to the prom , gutz and co were the same distance behind him as he was to us :blink:

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
its nearly as bad as the treck out to low at fairhaven :blink: :unsure:

and thats all i carry out to there as well cheers dave:clap3: :clap3:

tightlines................................daz

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Fantastic well done Wormgutz a well thought out well organized plan that achieved its goal ,PLAICE !! excellent wish i could have gone ,it must be 15 years since i fished there ,in fact it looks so good i might pop down tomorrow ,was the a best time around lw ,did the ebb or flood fish any better

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HI MIDAS just a few fish showed before low all mainly on the 21/2 up after low you need to walk about 200 foot past where the mussel bed ends fresh black and blow mixed gave the best catches ....gutz....

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Thoroughly enjoyable day out at a venue I've never fished before, cheers Andy you're a star!! :notworthy Good to meet up with a few familiar faces and meet up with some new ones too. Had some good craic with Tonyc, top bloke!:clap3: Andy was a veritable mine of information and even took time to demonstrate the ancient art of "worm whispering"........or pumping to me and you!!:)

Here's some of the pics I took....

TerryG and TonyC swapping tactics ........

First blood!

TonyC with a belting plaice..........

Cubby with a nice plaice.....

The main man himself with a fat flounder......

Here's a pic I took from the car park back towards where the lads were still fishing.....can you spot them?? No, neither can I!! Not TOO far out then!!!

Shame we had to leave early, especially as the fish were starting to come onto the feed proper as the tide flooded. Reckon we'll be giving this venue another go in 3-4 weeks time when the plaice arrive proper. Thanks again Andy!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
thanks 2 gutz for the fresh lug. it was good 2 meet new peaple aswell. and got a nice fish 2. had a look at me casting its not 2 bad i do give lessons lol

·
Registered
490 Posts
A good trip then lads - i was thinking about you all - bit surprised you did that well with that easterly ripping through

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
:clap3: Well done wormgutz on a top morning out just got out of my oxygen tent wish i would have left the box in the car and filled my pockets with gear next time :giveup: crackin picks cubby and rushy the plaice is ready for the pan tomorrow ad a good crack with the lads well done again wormgutz:clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
yer nice pics them rushy

and he caught a fish as well :blink: ...........................wonders will never cease:whistling :clap3: :notworthy :roll1: :roll1:

tightlines............................daz

·
Registered
522 Posts
Good pics and reports of all of you, wish i would of got up now and sneaked in with tony c. :giveup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts