World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one fancy having a go for some plaice , flounders, codling etc with the target fish plaice i know a little estuary mark we could fish 2 down 2.5 up will not be crowded ,not too far to walk i was thinking a week sunday 25th march fishing 9am till 1.30pm it is a place that quite a few of you have not fished before let me know what you think..... gutz.....

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
:unsure: well gutz , whats happenin with this trip mate , are we meeting up somewhere, sunday will soon be on us :)
cuberd

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry not to post for a few days but very much loved family pet we had for over 14 years had to be put to sleep at the vets will come online tomorrow with a time etc .. the venue is knott end to the right of the big musselbed there is a hole there that provided plaice to 2lb early last year just before the first showing of peeler crab bonus fish can be codling , flounders etc... free parking just a ten minute stroll to the mark again many apologies but i am sure you can all understand ....gutz......

·
Registered
457 Posts
sorry not to post for a few days but very much loved family pet we had for over 14 years had to be put to sleep at the vets will come online tomorrow with a time etc .. the venue is knott end to the right of the big musselbed there is a hole there that provided plaice to 2lb early last year just before the first showing of peeler crab bonus fish can be codling , flounders etc... free parking just a ten minute stroll to the mark again many apologies but i am sure you can all understand ....gutz......
Sorry to hear that news Gutz...... have been thru the same thing myself a couple of years back and know exactly how you are feeling........... focus on the great memories.... it does get easier.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
sorry to here about your pet gutz know how u feel mate!!mite tag allong on sunday depending on the time if thats ok

·
Registered
689 Posts
hi gutz can you give location and time sounds good plenty frozen lug and fish bait i can allways get some fresh if you think better is it light tackle tightlines.bob

·
Registered
266 Posts
hi sorry to hear about your lost pet mate been through that lots of times but you never get used to it, still you'll have good memories.
can i ask please this mark at knott end is it near to the bridge where you can park on a bit of land right near the estuary on the right i have only fished there once myself and that was last year before i had me accident only got a couple of small dabs though there seems to be a chanel with water in it at all times or am i way off.
thanks

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi guys low water is 11am sun morning (remember the clocks go foward )so i was thinking of meeting up at 8.30 am in the large carpark behind knott end cafe, to get there follow the m55 to the fleetwood turn off drive as if you are going to fleetwood at the first set of traffic lights go left ,up the hill to singleton garage go right at the lights after about a mile you will come to another set of lights turn right go over the river and follow the signposts to knott end about six miles drive through knottend down the promenade and the large car park is behind the cafe , i will bring a few packs of fresh black with me so no one will be short of bait we will be fishing in to the wyre estuary so there will be some tide run when we start and finish with about 2 hours of slow run best baits are black,blow,rag or if you are lucky early peeler 2 hook rigs with beads ,sequins etc. i have not fished it this year yet but after the big tides and and no fresh water running down we might just get lucky see you sunday gutz........

·
Registered
490 Posts
Cant be there but hope it goes well for you - top marks for sharing a hot spot. Know what you mean about your pet - I get more attached to them than to people - even family !

·
Registered
266 Posts
thanks for the info gutz great to see someone sharing marks
i probably will ave a go monday or tuesday workin alll weekend
can you fish through the tide bottom up or not mate

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi wormgutz, i usually post in the scottish forum but had to give you my sympathies, we 've not long since had to take our 19yr old rottie to the vet, one of the hardest days of my life. Fishings a great distraction, good luck on your trip:fishing1:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts