World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Lee, I use a variety of rigs - up and over, Portsmouth loop, but if limited to just one it would be a 2 hook clipped down with size 1 or 2 hooks. I favour fairly long snoods (45-50cm), but don’t usually bother with beads, as I have caught equally well both with and without them. Bob.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks bud I'm asking as interested what others use . I'm going to make a load of different ones up and see how it goes really

·
Registered
104 Posts
I generally use a wishbone dropper rig which I make myself. Size 1 or 2 hooks. Orange, red and black beads generally but never experimented with/without beads to determine if they do anything or not to be honest. Blacks tipped with rag seems to be the most reliable bait. Having said that, have also caught plenty on 2 hook clipped down rig as well as on peelers, rag, lug and worm/squid tipped so there’s no hard and fast rules. I try to use leads without grips if tide permits.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Just a 1 hook clip down with size 2/0 mantas:) and rag for bait, usually works. I reckon up this neck of the woods distance = plaice

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Up 'n over wishbone size 2's BUT short rig body - catch nearly as many on no beads as I do with beads:eek::eek:
but then I'm not that good (dirty water fisherman)!!:):)
Musky

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Have a mixture up&over dropper wishbone is one that works and was using that plus clipped down paternoster wishbones
Going more with 1/0.2/0 hooks these days as they still stuff there faces with them ok

1 - 8 of 8 Posts