World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my boat out for the first time on wed.(warrior 150). Launched at knot end and picked some great bait up from paul. headed out down the channel and into open water.Once we got out into the open water it was quite rough to say the least.The forecast was 3-4sw but we had wind over tide.Decided to head back into the channel and sit it out for an hour to see if it would ease.Eventuall headed out again and found that it had settled slightly so dropped the anchor.Had nothing until low water when i had a good knock and pulled in a plaice only for it to slip the hook on the surface.Good fish aswell ,would of gone over 2lb.Well in the next two and half hours we had a total of eight plaice between us 4 around the 2lb mark and the other 4 around 1.5lb.Lost about half a dozen fish aswell.Called it a day at 1630.lovely day ,boat performed perfectly and well chuffed with the plaice.Hopefully will sort out some pics for the next report.

Mark.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
good report mark

looking forward to the next installment with the piccies matey

welcome to the wsf

tightlines..........................daz

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
:clap3: good report mark , did you use spoons above your hook or just a straight bait set up ?
cuberd

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi ,
No did'nt use spoons as an attractor. I was just using a double paternoster with a couple of beads above a size 1 kamasan loaded with fresh lug leaving quite a long tail.Was well pleased with the results considering it was mainly just a trip to get the boat out and see how she handles.In actual fact was hoping for some late cod,had another rod out with a whole squid on a 5/0 pennel. Had a cracking bite on that aswell but failed to connect with it.All the plaice were caught uptiding.

Mark.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Well done Markj - do you not find the plaice a bit thin this time of year or have they still to spawn?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,
Yeah a couple of them looked spent but these were good fish mate,put it this way i actually filleted them.You know what it's like with flatties usually you just head and tail them and cook them on the bone because there not worth filleting.We were about 2.4 miles out just on the edge of the channel fishing into 22ft of water can't give you any co-ords because i was having problems with my chart plotter,but that was just down to me not using it correctly. Going to try and get out again fri morning.

Mark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts