World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Tackle shops in these areas that any-one can remember, I am taking a travel road but i am concerned it may not go the distance (i.e) Snap....!!
I have read a report that some guy took 3 telescopic rods and he snapped two......There are big baracuda's to be had ! I will not name the said rod but i have no faith in the thing. I am on a budget now but i am aware rods can be very reasonable over there (Much cheaper than here any-way)

Thanks for any replies.....:icecream:

LL....

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Never ever touch telescopics ... you don't need to now with all these multiparts sprining up in new sizes and strengths. The last one I ever owned exploded next to my ear and became a 20 piece multipart while fighting a shark hooked in ankle-deep water in the Pacific. Never again.

I walked around most of Playacar without seeing a tackle shop, but it doesn't mean there aren't any. However, I would not leave my tackle choice to chance once I got there; it's a long way to go to find that a) the sea if full of the fish of your dreams; and b) you were misinformed about the tackle situation. There are some cracking deals on travel rods at the moment if you browse the net.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never ever touch telescopics ... you don't need to now with all these multiparts sprining up in new sizes and strengths. The last one I ever owned exploded next to my ear and became a 20 piece multipart while fighting a shark hooked in ankle-deep water in the Pacific. Never again.

I walked around most of Playacar without seeing a tackle shop, but it doesn't mean there aren't any. However, I would not leave my tackle choice to chance once I got there; it's a long way to go to find that a) the sea if full of the fish of your dreams; and b) you were misinformed about the tackle situation. There are some cracking deals on travel rods at the moment if you browse the net.
Should be sorted now mate, I have a decent 4 piece rod on the way.....Looks like it can hold its own and has a 'Greys' blank.....Thanks LL....

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I guess then just a case of ensuring that it's cushioned in a rigid, lockable tube.

If you're going via the 'States though remember that you can no longer transit, staying airside. You're forced to go through Immigrations and Customers and then repeat the exercise before boarding your onward flight. Apart from timing there are issues with locking luggage. Anyway, if that's the case, might be worth reading this thread - http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28611.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess then just a case of ensuring that it's cushioned in a rigid, lockable tube.

If you're going via the 'States though remember that you can no longer transit, staying airside. You're forced to go through Immigrations and Customers and then repeat the exercise before boarding your onward flight. Apart from timing there are issues with locking luggage. Anyway, if that's the case, might be worth reading this thread - http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28611.

That o.k i will secure the rod, I never lock my luggage so no worries....LL...:secret:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Lurelobber , If you get stuck for tackle there is a shop in Cancun in the hotel zone , right beside Pizza hut and KFC .Doesnt have a lot but would see you through if your stuck for something .
Tackle isnt the cheapest in Mexico most of the guys that live there import from the States .
Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts