World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Going to Playacar on 20th september this year. If we are lucky enough to avoid the tropical storms we would like to explore the possability of doing some kayak fishing (available through our hotel)just wondered is anyone can give us the lowdown on rods, reels ,tactics baits, terminal rigs,angling stores, venues. We are staying at the Riu Tequilla. many thanks Alyn

·
Registered
578 Posts
mmmmmmmit sounds you are going to playa del carmen,you can't fish on the beach coz many people swimming there.(better morning and nights)

you can walk to the south for 10min aprox. and you'll find a beach without hotel,,,you can fish there very close to the shore with small hooks for baby palometas,just put some bread and enjoy it,.

you can go a bit further(25min walking near xcaret) and try some spinning with small lures,but if you want to catch some nice fish is better to rent a boat in the town(cost more or less 75-100 quids) the boat is for 5 people max,but sometimes you can share wit others guys,never rent a boat from your hotel I think the company is called scuba caribe but they rip you off.

you can fish from a kayak ,but is too far away from the hotel you are staying and they wont allow you to take it for more than 1 hour:doh:.

you can fish too in the beach near your hotel but only in the morning (coz of he people:doh:)an iss much better if you do some spinning after dark ,try to go walking to the north and you'll find lots of sand protection barrier and you can fish from it,.

is much better if you take rigs,leads,etc from here coz there are not many angling,there is just one and doesn't have many choices.

I got a very friend that does fishing trip,snorkel or mix,,if you want some info of my friend tell me ,. he is very good person and the best is that you can cook your catch with them in a restaurant(it cost you something like 2-3 quids) and enjoy a bit of the town and no stay all the time in the hotel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jorge please pass the name of your friend with the boat and how to contact him on to me. I take it he offers inshore fishing for the price your talking about ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Alyn, i will be at the tequila on the 27th sept, i have fished the beach three times before, if you go down the beach past all the hotels for about 20 mins,you will come to a rocky point fish there, i have done well there on fly and plug, caught snapper, needlefish,grunts ladyfish,etc,the only problem is the wind but if you get a calm day with the wind not blowing spray on to the rocks the fishing can be A1.
Tight Lines Ray:drunk:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts