World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished st brides black pipe 2day, set up 3hrs b4 high tide, thought i saw 2 gents digging 4 bait then after a while setting up realised they were repairing a net about 200metrers long and i was about to fish behind them..... They brought in 2 large bags of fish which i had the cheek to have a look, large bass,mullet and rays!!! Why the f$ck do i work all week pay 4 bait then sit behind nets that are staying out all weekend?? They then had the cheek to set up nxt 2 me and fish till tide went out not even looking at there rod tips..... W£nkers..............................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I f...... agree with you what a bunch of w...... i'm only doing this not to get chucked off cant swear. Is this legal. These nets. I am like you work all week enjoy my fishing, then to have these ..... take all the fish I don't think so t....:bangin:

G

·
0 Posts
Your local Sea Fisheries Committee website will have the netting regulations.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Fished st brides black pipe 2day, set up 3hrs b4 high tide, thought i saw 2 gents digging 4 bait then after a while setting up realised they were repairing a net about 200metrers long and i was about to fish behind them..... They brought in 2 large bags of fish which i had the cheek to have a look, large bass,mullet and rays!!! Why the f$ck do i work all week pay 4 bait then sit behind nets that are staying out all weekend?? They then had the cheek to set up nxt 2 me and fish till tide went out not even looking at there rod tips..... W£nkers..............................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
i've seen them doing it before did the bloke have a mustache and glasses looked a bit like clive from gary evans f in knob head he is

·
Banned
3,346 Posts
that net has been there a few years and it legal sorry to say

there is also another net further down

the enviro guys are there regular

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Ive also seen the nets a few times and yes they are legal!! Aparently he sells his catch to a restaurant.!

EDIT - Details removed. Nothing short of criminal damage. Not very clever to brag about it on an open internet forum.

It sucks he shouldnt be able to put nets out and like the other posts say, we spend all th time effort and money to go fishing and try to catch a nice fish, and then we get people like him who dont put the proper fishermen into consideration.

Andrew

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Your local Sea Fisheries Committee website will have the netting regulations.
That he is complaining about the ethics of it rather than the legality, as he said he spends a few hours after work fishing, after buying his bait, only to find that somebody has the right (rightly or wrongly in terms of legality) to totally ruin his couple of hours of pleasure, by sticking a 200yd net out to intercept all the fish that run that way!:nonono:
There is much to be said about stopping such practices so close to the shore that they interfere with peoples pleasure,:rtfm: they should stop shore netting & those annoying bloody jetskis that intrude on everybody's idea of a quiet day at the beach!

·
Registered
237 Posts
abosolutely shocking pair of fukin ****ers, 3 of us on kidwelly beech collecting abit of fresh bait yesterday-17/07 noticed 3 guys walking through the river with 4 prong spikes so we deciced to watch what they were doing and as they got closer we could see clearly- pr..k. were stabing flatties the size of a f..... saucer and throwing them back , wan.... thats what they are

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
so if someone was to remove the net they would be breaking the law?

but then they would have to caught doing it i suppose. not that i'm suggesting that course of action. just thinking aloud.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
This is SUPPOSED to be a democracy where what the MAJORITY want is supposedly implemented,:giveup: now there must be no more than a "fannyfull" of shore netters who probably generate about 4p worth of income from what they catch, & their nylon monofilament nets cost very little (last I heard it was about £120 for 200mts fully rigged).
Whereas shore anglers are counted in tens of thousands, who spend hundreds of thousands on equipment & bait, & their enjoyment is being spoilt by a handfull of antisocial arseholes.
Why the hell dont we make some sort of concerted effort to get this prehistoric ritual of shore netting of fish stopped!:rtfm:
Long gone are the days when the "working classes, serfs, & peasants" needed to scavenge some fish from the shore to eke out a living for their wife & 24 kids.
Why the **** dont we make an effort to tell all out MPs that this is against OUR civil rights, & get this struck of the legislature! (along with ******* jetski's):shutup:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
i've seen them doing it before did the bloke have a mustache and glasses looked a bit like clive from gary evans f in knob head he is
i would watch what your saying if i was you because if your talking about who i think you are that was a good friend of mine who sadly passed away last year. he has family members on hear and they dnt need to see things like this so please change your post or delete it or if a mod reads this please remove

1 - 11 of 11 Posts