World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
South Pier, Lowestoft for me today, I had a few hours to kill, armed with mac, bluey, blacks, I set off.
High tide was at 14:30, arrived at 13:30, set up AFAW Match Pros using a running ledger, size 4 hook and a bit of bluey. Cast out, rods in rest and waited...
A nice old boy happened to be walking past, I saw my rod dip the smallest amount and realised I had a fish on. Striking quick, it seemed heavier than usual, I thought I'd caught some weed until it took off like a torpedo! Darting in every direction, I've never seen my rods bend as much as they did, I had the old boy giving me a running commentary (AKA in the way, bless him) about how far the line was going and how big the fish was. I couldn't get to the sea wall to see what was actually going on, all I knew was that it felt a size!
My new friend told me it was a cod, I'm thinking: "it can't be!" I still had hold of it at the bottom of the sea wall, fish going mad and me still unable to get close enough to get a look. With one final lunge, BANG! I've expertly lost the tip of my rod. -Did I swear? Too right I did! Fish was still holding on, so I managed to grab the line and lifted the fish up, to be greeted with a 4lb bass, lovely!
Apart from my poor rod, which hadn't been banged off the wall or knocked -just simply snapped!
Overall an enjoyable few hours fishing and apart from losing the rod tip, at least I have a reason to fire up the BBQ tomorrow...

Pleasure...
IMG_8605.jpeg

and PAIN!!
IMG_1496.JPG

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Shame about the rod, nice bass, there was a decent one caught there Tuesday in the match im told too.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Email afaw and Jason and explain what’s happened
Hopefully they’ll sort it for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts