World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, I'm looking for some advice on a plotter for myself, I know zilch about them,...budget around £300, but can come and go on that..:)
New or secondhand, doesnt matter either...

Cammy gave me a couple of Navionics cards, hoping they would fit the plotter that Davy gave me, but no success there, so, hopefully I can get a plotter to use them on, the pic is below. The card in question is on the right.

Thanks in advance guys..:):)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Have you got or do you need a sounder (fishfinder) if so for a bit more money have a look at the humminbird 797c2 from the US £450 got all the bells and whistles you'd ever need

It is a plotter/sounder/side sonar it also has weather sensor and water temp

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave, Thanks for that link, I just bought one..:):)...I also tried to call you...left a message..:)

8004clark, Thanks for the info, looked at that one too,nice bit of kit, and a good price too.... but I already have a crackin Lowrance Sounder, the X136DF, which I just bought a new transducer for...so I'm going to keep to the Plotter only.

Thanks guys..:):)

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I was outside tying the boat down. It's blowing a gale here again. That sounder is a good one. I have the Lowrance X96 and that is good. Streets ahead of my old Eagle Cuda 242. I swithered on the more expensive 136 but lol kept my head.......I like the sound of that side sonar Hummingbird of 8004clark's though? If fishing gets any more technical, I may never get fishing for playing with the electronic stuff....

·
Registered
11,751 Posts
I have owned a Garmin GPS Map 235 for the past 5 years and can only say it is brilliant, it comprises a GPS, Plotter and fish finder and a data chart for my local area , it is very configureable and very accurate and although I doubt that this model is still available I would recomment the GPS MAP series of GPS/Plotters.

Steveh24

1 - 7 of 7 Posts