World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All. Can I Enter Data From My Lowrance 6000 On My Pc? The (map Create) Software Supplied Makes No Mention Of Navionics Charts And I Don"t Want To Risk Losing All My Waypoints Ect. By Tinkering Around. Summers Coming
Becks :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi Becks,
I Have'nt used it myself but this link:www.lowrance.com/software/GDM6/default.asp
has a programe from Lowrance to do just what you are asking. It does carry a bit of a warning though, I would use a separate card from the map one as it advises.

Cheers Steve

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fishy,
Had A Look At The Lowrance Site And A Bit Reluctant To Erase My Card £220 A Pop. Anyone Out There Got A Spare Gps Reciever For A 6000c For Sale? Becks

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi Becks,
After I posted the last reply, I downloaded the GDM6 programe. you can enter waypoints on screen of your PC and save them as a data file, these can then be saved onto a spare sd memory card and the waypoints can be uploaded onto your Gps plotter. That way, as you rightly have concerns, you don't save anything to the navionics card. I think like my plotter, you have a dual slots in your unit. A spare128 mb SD memory card is only £9.99 with Photo glossy: www.photoglossy.com/acatalog/PhotoGlossy_Sells_Secure_Data_64.html

I have bought one for my Lowrance LCX 15ci sounder/plotter and I use it to record soundings, I can then play them back on the Pc and see the one's that got away!

Cheers Steve

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Steve When My Clever Son Is Home From The Merch In A Couple Of Weeks I Will Give It A Go Becks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts