Discussion Starter #1
Most of the time i fish off rocks with plugs and lures

But i've never tried off a sandy beach

Anyone tried this with any success?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. All sand. I'm not really thinking about one mark though. I'm thinking about sandy surf beaches that produce bass to baits.

Has anyone plugged these with any success?

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
yes. you can fish flatish sandy storm beaches. and on some of them, you will be suprised at how many gulleys and features there are.
my area consists of mussel beds a good few stone scars,-- classic storm beaches. if you stand on sandy beaches, and watch the flood covering the ground, your eyes will pick out food holding areas.some types of soft plastics will work well cast out into the surf and let to trundle with the occasional twitch. theres aso dexter wedges and toby type lures that work by letting them touch down and kick little puffs of sand on retrieve.
then of course there's a variety of poppers:victory:

·
Registered
369 Posts
yes. you can fish flatish sandy storm beaches. and on some of them, you will be suprised at how many gulleys and features there are.
my area consists of mussel beds a good few stone scars,-- classic storm beaches. if you stand on sandy beaches, and watch the flood covering the ground, your eyes will pick out food holding areas.some types of soft plastics will work well cast out into the surf and let to trundle with the occasional twitch. theres aso dexter wedges and toby type lures that work by letting them touch down and kick little puffs of sand on retrieve.
then of course there's a variety of poppers:victory:
thats good info groomy D and sidewinders should work well to bumped along the bottom or steady retrieve so you just get the tail woking or even sink and draw method . one things for sure you will only find out by fishing various states of tide with different types of plugs good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts