World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anybody out there who pluggs the menai straits,if so, wheres the hotspots and whats the best tactics to use.itchin to give it a bash.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Does anyone know where the holy grail is because I can't be bothered looking for it myself? It would be great if someone could tell me all their most productive marks on an open forum.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sorry - but did you try to SEARCH this forum for the information BEFORE you posted . . . .

Go on - give it a try . . . .. . . :giveup:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
he was asking for info, who are you to reply anyway? living in england trying to keep welsh marks secret?

most places along the straights you can plug from, treborth side of the brittania bridge, near brynsiencyn there are lots of places all the way to newbrough beach (llanddwyn)

·
Registered
11,136 Posts
is there anybody out there who pluggs the menai straits,if so, wheres the hotspots and whats the best tactics to use.itchin to give it a bash.
hi and welcome to the site. i dont think you will get specific info but some may give general locations.

and yes i,m also from england.

·
Registered
133 Posts
he was asking for info, who are you to reply anyway? living in england trying to keep welsh marks secret?

most places along the straights you can plug from, treborth side of the brittania bridge, near brynsiencyn there are lots of places all the way to newbrough beach (llanddwyn)
NO ! :bleh:

This site has some of the best information on the Web about marks in North Wales and techniques for catching many species including bass.

Many 'new' posters FAIL to LOOK for it -- my slightly sarky comments are intended to encourage a small amout of effort on their part to gain a great deal of information ....................................

:group: :group: :group: :group:

·
Registered
268 Posts

Does it matter where I live? How do you know I am not from the area but living in england? I suppose it takes 2 seconds to search a forum and get a general idea of what to do and where to go particularly as there is a dedicated section on the forum and if you can't even be bothered to do that then why should somebody be prepared to feed this information which is not generally available?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just askin for advice superged not your bank account number.im new to pluggin as you are to manners.sad act.

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
Does it matter where I live? How do you know I am not from the area but living in england? I suppose it takes 2 seconds to search a forum and get a general idea of what to do and where to go particularly as there is a dedicated section on the forum and if you can't even be bothered to do that then why should somebody be prepared to feed this information which is not generally available?
Sometimes it's good to talk. People dont just post on forums for information, they also post to show they are using it, that they have arrived, to introduce themselves to people, and to kick off new discussions. It's a shame that on just about every forum a minority of people feel it necessary to respond in the negative way you have. If youve nothing productive to say, don't say it - thats how flames and arguments start.

Look back at this thread, consider how much more useful it would of been if you'd not responded at all, or perhaps shared whatever knowledge of the subject you have.

Sometime it does no harm to reopen and bump popular subjects.

·
Registered
268 Posts
before this turns into a slanging match, why don't you either search old threads or actually get off your arse and give it a go. Its only by really doing it you will learn anything and that is the best bit of advice you are going to get.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Lets keep things civil People :)

No need to get personal :g: is there :kissing: .

Everybody has made some fair points but I think it may be time, to step back a bit and either pass on some useful advice about plugging in the straits or leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
st mary's church use dexter wedge's for the sea trout.

fish it from about two hour's up going into dusk.

may also get schoolie's and mullet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
wow such negative remarks, superged i wouldnt have even bothered to start fishing if it wasnt for help off a certain Sallysludgebucket who is a reg on here and she showed me how to actually fish (for the first time)
if it wasnt for the generosity of her and other that have posted a lot of posative threads i would have given up and taken up golf instead.

You started somewhere and i am sure that when you did you were given advice some where along the line, even if it was by a tackle shop owner on what rod to buy.
Keep it nice and help others who might not be as good or experienced as you

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Oh summer's here, don't mention where you caught that elusive spikey silver thing :secret:

To answer your question mate, there are plenty of places, I ahve never personally been that interested in bass, or plugging but I want to try a bit this year.
A good place to start is Church Island under the Menai Bridge. Work around the coves along there, you can also do the other side on the mainlan.
Other than that get a map out and look for likely spots.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys for your knowledge,every bit helps.the misses bought me mike ladle bass new addition and it aint half brainwashed me into pluggin.i catch many bass from my local venue but on bait.traveling light and the thrill of my plug gettin hit really hits the spot.anyway guys ill let ya know how i get on.diolch

·
Registered
268 Posts
wow such negative remarks, superged i wouldnt have even bothered to start fishing if it wasnt for help off a certain Sallysludgebucket who is a reg on here and she showed me how to actually fish (for the first time)
if it wasnt for the generosity of her and other that have posted a lot of posative threads i would have given up and taken up golf instead.

You started somewhere and i am sure that when you did you were given advice some where along the line, even if it was by a tackle shop owner on what rod to buy.
Keep it nice and help others who might not be as good or experienced as you
I started when I was very young, and yes whilst I may have spoken to people or asked opions on tackle, the best way BAR NONE to learn how to plug/spin is to get out there and do it. Only by getting out there and doing it will you find the areas/conditions that look right and develop your own confidence which comes with catching and not talking about it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dazdecs,

I got switched on to spinning and plugging by Mike's book last year - didn't land any but lost a couple, and it's sure as hell great fun. Had a lot of useful advice from people on this site and also on F4U.

There are sandeels round the straits area already (possibly early as the water is so warm?) - saw the terns diving for them today off Penmon, so worth a go. There are a lot of potential spots on the Anglesey coast too - just follow Mike's advice about the type of terrain. He had a great picture of typical bass shoreline on his website last week - http://www.mikeladle.com/tackle/tackle156.html

Good luck

Phil

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cheers phil,great news that the baitfish are here early.good long season ahead i hope.tried broadbeach today.not much doin.never confident when theres no surf.my local beach at penmaenmawr fishes so well when the surfs up and overcast.anyway bud got to go dyin a thirst.take care

·
Registered
162 Posts
NO ! :bleh:

This site has some of the best information on the Web about marks in North Wales and techniques for catching many species including bass.

Many 'new' posters FAIL to LOOK for it -- my slightly sarky comments are intended to encourage a small amout of effort on their part to gain a great deal of information ....................................

:group: :group: :group: :group:

i would disagree with that fella,there is a much better forum u can look on for info on north wales,much more helpfull.me personally hate the straits with a passion,why bother going there when anglesey is a far superior place for all manner of fishing,plugging,ledgering,float fishing etc,and the forum is www.fishing4u.co.uk/phpbb/index.php,have a look in there a very freindly forum

1 - 20 of 57 Posts