World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I've been out plugging a couple of times this week using a short single handed baitcasting rod and small multiplier instead of the usual spinning rod and fixed spool reel. Absolutely brilliant fun. I dont think i would go back to the old rod/reel. Just wondering why these set ups dont seem so popular here as they do abroad. Casting ability and lure control is equally good, if not better. Also, on the topic of plugs, what patterns do you find most effective? I personally favour the J11/13 in brown, Sliver and Crystal minnows.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Weeverboy-welcome .
Very interesting set up you mentioned. I'm new to plug fishing and haven't had any luck as of yet but like the idea and will persist.I can't wait 'till something hits one of these poppers then I'll believe it works and these beautiful lures aren't just there to catch the anglers.

p.s thanks for your reply re:floats

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Musket. Thanks for the welcome. Keep persevering with the plugs, when conditions are right they're great. Nothing comes close to seeing the bow wave of a bass coming up behind your surface lure. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts