World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! I used to be signed up here before but lost all my details so made another account :) I have been fishing for years and never caught a lovely Bass :/ I haven't really tried to catch them like that (so thats why lol) seeing as the weather is looking pretty good in Cornwall at the moment I wana try my luck with some plugging :)

Got myself a nice Abu Garcia plugging rod, a sweet rear drag spinning reel, various lures (divers, surface lures and poppers) and I have a few areas in mind where there is lots of rocks, gullies, sea weed beds, and those famous 'fingers of rocks' that provide lots of cover for the incredible Bass :D.

I know most of the 'fun' in fishing is exploring new areas and finding your own spot. And i'm always out rock hopping even without a rod just finding a nice rock with access to a gullie or two. Any ideas would be great though!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
.......I have a few areas in mind where there is lots of rocks, gullies, sea weed beds, and those famous 'fingers of rocks' that provide lots of cover for the incredible Bass :D. ......

I know most of the 'fun' in fishing is exploring new areas and finding your own spot. And i'm always out rock hopping even without a rod just finding a nice rock with access to a gullie or two. Any ideas would be great though!
Reading the above...if you know where this sort of ground is in Mounts Bay then all you need to do is give it a try at dawn or at dusk...use your surface lures on the shallower rough ground and you should nail your first bass.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry it took so long to reply I had actually forgotten to check (oops) But thank you very much for the locations you all have mentioned. Shame the weather is not as inviting as it was when I posted this :/ lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reading the above...if you know where this sort of ground is in Mounts Bay then all you need to do is give it a try at dawn or at dusk...use your surface lures on the shallower rough ground and you should nail your first bass.

Am I right thinking that Mounts Bay is the bay with Penzance, Long Rock and Marazion? Is there any certain area of the bay you recommend? Or do I have to do that bit of searching myself lol :) I have collected loads of blow lug from Long Rock & even fished the beach a couple of times but didn't stay long as it was :cold:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts