World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! I used to be signed up here before but lost all my details so made another account :) I have been fishing for years and never caught a lovely Bass :/ I haven't really tried to catch them like that (so thats why lol) seeing as the weather is looking pretty good in Cornwall at the moment I wana try my luck with some plugging :)

Got myself a nice Abu Garcia plugging rod, a sweet rear drag spinning reel, various lures (divers, surface lures and poppers) and I have a few areas in mind where there is lots of rocks, gullies, sea weed beds, and those famous 'fingers of rocks' that provide lots of cover for the incredible Bass :D.

I know most of the 'fun' in fishing is exploring new areas and finding your own spot. And i'm always out rock hopping even without a rod just finding a nice rock with access to a gullie or two. Any ideas would be great though!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry it took so long to reply I had actually forgotten to check (oops) But thank you very much for the locations you all have mentioned. Shame the weather is not as inviting as it was when I posted this :/ lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reading the above...if you know where this sort of ground is in Mounts Bay then all you need to do is give it a try at dawn or at dusk...use your surface lures on the shallower rough ground and you should nail your first bass.

Am I right thinking that Mounts Bay is the bay with Penzance, Long Rock and Marazion? Is there any certain area of the bay you recommend? Or do I have to do that bit of searching myself lol :) I have collected loads of blow lug from Long Rock & even fished the beach a couple of times but didn't stay long as it was :cold:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts