World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a beach that I know that when the tide is going out, say 3 hrs down a torrent of water is formed as it gushes from the beach.
This water is moving at 90 degrees to the shore about 400 meters from the high tide mark and lasts for about 3o mins - 45 mins. The conditions look ideal for Bass in the summer as I'm pretty sure that the massive expanse of sand being uncovered is chokka full with food etc. I can't see fish ignoring a larder full of food twice a day.

Would where this temporary channel of water meets the sea be a place to try plugging ?

Would the fish have already moved to safer water ?

What type of Plugs are best for shallowish conditions ?

What length rod would be best ?

What tactics would be best used with the plug ? i.e. let the lure drift or cast it out and reel in against the tide or maybe cast across the swirly water.

Would a small US style baitcaster multiplier be ok for plugging ?

Owt else I forgot, please add your advice.

TP :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
The Penetrator said:
There is a beach that I know that when the tide is going out, say 3 hrs down a torrent of water is formed as it gushes from the beach.
This water is moving at 90 degrees to the shore about 400 meters from the high tide mark and lasts for about 3o mins - 45 mins. The conditions look ideal for Bass in the summer as I'm pretty sure that the massive expanse of sand being uncovered is chokka full with food etc. I can't see fish ignoring a larder full of food twice a day.

Would where this temporary channel of water meets the sea be a place to try plugging ?

Would the fish have already moved to safer water ?

What type of Plugs are best for shallowish conditions ?

What length rod would be best ?

What tactics would be best used with the plug ? i.e. let the lure drift or cast it out and reel in against the tide or maybe cast across the swirly water.

Would a small US style baitcaster multiplier be ok for plugging ?

Owt else I forgot, please add your advice.

TP :)
dont keep the beach to yourself share it with the site

·
One Life - Fish it!
5,009 Posts
Only if you want to give specific information away about an exact mark location, send it as a personal message, we don't want no netters getting hold of the info ;)

Penetrator: http://www.worldseafishing.com/shore/spinning_bass.shtml that will give you a general idea. Its about spinning but also covers bits and bobs about plugging.

Good luck!

MikeJr

·
Registered
568 Posts
In response to the orig question:

It's always exciting trying new methods and/or new marks. Sometimes it pays of, others it doesn't. Worst that can happen is you spend a few hours on the beach having all the fun of the anticipation and then catch nothing. Time spent fishing is always tmie well spent :)

If it is really shallow then surface poppers would be a good bet (Yo Zuri mag popper, or Duel Aile Magnet Slider SB as it is also called stands out). Shallow diving plugs are also an option - the good old Rapala J11 is very popular. Don't ignore the basic toby style spinners either.

A 10 or 11 ft rod would be ideal - preferably not too stiff (a stiff rod will make casting the light plug harder).

As for fishing method - cast and retrieve. Be mobile, try casting to different areas eventually covering the whole beach/feature.

Braid is great for plugging. Chest waders are also a great investment.

Other than that, I would suggest that dawn and dusk are prime times.

Enjoy.

As for the 'tell us where it is comment' - If (like me) you put lots of hours into finding locations and perfecting techniques then you feel hard of passing on detailed info. After all, half the fun is finding marks out for yourself. I will quite happily pass on info about how to fish, but if you know 'how' to fish then you can figure out yourself the 'where' to fish. That's how I see it anyway.

Fully support the sending of any marks info via PM - to many netters out there watching

1 - 4 of 4 Posts