World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

im from north wales but will be visiting some friends in devon soon and fancied trying for some conger around devils point and plymouth breakwater. has anybody got any info on how to get on and off the breakwater and what else is caught of there

cheers in advance

danny

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
hi all

im from north wales but will be visiting some friends in devon soon and fancied trying for some conger around devils point and plymouth breakwater. has anybody got any info on how to get on and off the breakwater and what else is caught of there

cheers in advance

danny
you need permission to fish the breakwater and a boat willing to get you out there , best to stick to devils or the river , we are trying to organize a club comp out there later this year , and it takes a lot of sorting out to get it done .

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
as the ray king said only with permission and you have a boat on standby ,fish devils of mutton cove ,my best is 40lb from devils and have alot of 25lb+ers so if you want a real munter stick to the point

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers for the advice guys, im thinking of heading down next week and devils point sounds awesome. do they catch any mackeral off there and is there any showing yet

cheers

danny

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yes they get plenty off there but not seen any yet later in the year from devils,found mullet good bait for tge eels or macky gar or pout all take good eels from the point make sure you beefy gear 40lb lined decent reel and stiff rod ,80 foot of water at low

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so my plan is to fish this tuesday from afternoon untill about midnight. the gear i use back home for the slimey critters is 50lb braid on a 525 and a greys apollo will this do down there. So how do u rate my chances of getting 1? and do u only get them at night.

cheers

ps does anybody have any links to directions to devils point?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
If you let me know a day before you are comming down i will give my mobile number and give directions ,usally meet a group of welsh lads when they come down ,mark jones comes down a few times each year dont know if you have heard of him,the rod and reel should be alright but would not fancy breaking out the braid ,we all use 40lb force down here not let any of us down ,as to having them in the daylight not realy fished for them in the day but you will get thornies in the day

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
ok so my plan is to fish this tuesday from afternoon untill about midnight. the gear i use back home for the slimey critters is 50lb braid on a 525 and a greys apollo will this do down there. So how do u rate my chances of getting 1? and do u only get them at night.

cheers

ps does anybody have any links to directions to devils point?
hi mate stick to advice from rayboy.Hes a clubmate of mine and enjoys eeling and raying,hes probably one of the best for advice on devils

1 - 11 of 11 Posts