World Sea Fishing Forums banner

MCZ's and 2012 Survey

• I am aware of the 2012 sea angling survey and the forthcoming Marine Conservation Zones.

Votes: 51 40.5%
  • I am aware of the 2012 Survey but not MCZ's.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I am aware of MCZ's but not the 2012 survey.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I really don't know much about either.

Votes: 57 45.2%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Global Moderator
7,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LOL. I dabble in the C&P section, but find it difficult to ascertain the facts from the rants! I have found it difficult to get up to speed on both issues and after a few weeks if intermittent reading I still only have a superficial knowledge.

G

·
LOL. I dabble in the C&P section, but find it difficult to ascertain the facts from the rants! I have found it difficult to get up to speed on both issues and after a few weeks if intermittent reading I still only have a superficial knowledge.
I've been involved - on and off - in fishing politics at European level for fifteen years, and I still have only a superficial knowledge.

Observing a Fisheries Committee meeting in Brussels makes you appreciate that the "players" are only mouthpieces. The "experts" are all behind the scenes, as is the sea-horse trading.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

''ascertain the facts from the rants!'':doh:

Quite a few of the threads are like that.:doh:

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
LOL. I dabble in the C&P section, but find it difficult to ascertain the facts from the rants! I have found it difficult to get up to speed on both issues and after a few weeks if intermittent reading I still only have a superficial knowledge.[/QUOTE plenty to learn and discuss/debate on c&p if only we are allowed to do so without disruption by spoilers.

G

·
One of our clum members has been involved with this kind of thing for years. He keeps us updated each month and it's getting bloody scary to be honest. I do wonder sometimes what drugs some of these people are on to come up with some very silly proposals.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When it all boils down to it, neither surveys or opinions will count for anything. They who ever they are will already have made their minds up. Surveys are just time wasters so they can keep collecting their cheques, all we can do is wait for the inevitable and that always costs "us" :wallbash::bangin:

G

·
When it all boils down to it, neither surveys or opinions will count for anything. They who ever they are will already have made their minds up. Surveys are just time wasters so they can keep collecting their cheques, all we can do is wait for the inevitable and that always costs "us" :wallbash::bangin:
I disagree. The original Royal Commission proposal was to have 30% of inshore waters as No Take Zones. Some very astute negotiation from the Tourist Board, the National Federation of Fishermen's Organisations, the Royal Yachting Association and the Sea Angler's Conservation Network managed to get that watered down to MPAs, where only small "reference" areas will be NTZs.

I am sure that Prince Charles and his Marine Conservation Society were a bit miffed, but that's the way the crumble cooks.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well **********, I'll take your word for it. I'm just and old :wheelchai pesemist:sneaky2: Hope I havn't offended anyone. :doh:

·
Banned
44,186 Posts
For those who wish to know more, start a thread in C&P and ask your questions. Best to also add how you wish the thread to go, as such threads easily fall into a cesspit from which there is no chance of getting out again. I will happily keep a thread going the way that you instruct it to go.

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,553 Posts
As a regular visitor to the C&P forum im aware of whats going on, just!

Would be nice if some of the C&P big guns could occasionally give us mortals a C&P 'light' so we can understand whats happening, eg a page of writing condensed to a sentence!!

G

·

Would be nice if some of the C&P big guns could occasionally give us mortals a C&P 'light' so we can understand whats happening, eg a page of writing condensed to a sentence!!
Will you accept two sentences?

One:

The Data Collection Framework Directive (199/2008) reqires catch data from all sources including RSA: Shore & private boats are the responsibility of HMG, charter vessels the responsibilityof the CFP, Brussels, but should we comply?

Two.

The Royal Commission that wanted 30% of UK waters to be No Take Zones, was forced to accept a reduction of those zones to MPA status, with only rerference areas as NTZs, but did the negotiators do a good enough job?

Can't do better than that...............

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
fgh mjh iuy cvbg dfse klm vbnhgfd rrdgvh jkb mnji erf
hju fgd sawe dfg cgfd

understand the above???

Thats what its like trying to read through the c&p forum
may as well be written in urdu!!

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,553 Posts
Will you accept two sentences?

One:

The Data Collection Framework Directive (199/2008) reqires catch data from all sources including RSA: Shore & private boats are the responsibility of HMG, charter vessels the responsibilityof the CFP, Brussels, but should we comply?

Two.

The Royal Commission that wanted 30% of UK waters to be No Take Zones, was forced to accept a reduction of those zones to MPA status, with only rerference areas as NTZs, but did the negotiators do a good enough job?

Can't do better than that...............

Perfect!

Now thats simple enough for the simplest of simpletons, so, with effort, I think ive got it:thumbs:

G

·

Rain may stop play.

·
Banned
8,125 Posts
For those who wish to know more, start a thread in C&P and ask your questions. Best to also add how you wish the thread to go, as such threads easily fall into a cesspit from which there is no chance of getting out again. I will happily keep a thread going the way that you instruct it to go.
An excellent post sir...........:clap3:

I find most of the C&Pers usually willing to shed light on and explain things clearer on issues which people are unsure of, I have certainly learned a lot from some of these guys, good on them.

Rightly, they refuse to pander to and waste their time on idiots who refuse to accept or acknowledge reality no matter how many times they are clearly shown it...........:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
An excellent post sir...........:clap3:

I find most of the C&Pers usually willing to shed light on and explain things clearer on issues which people are unsure of, I have certainly learned a lot from some of these guys, good on them.

Rightly, they refuse to pander to and waste their time on idiots who refuse to accept or acknowledge reality no matter how many times they are clearly shown it...........:thumbs:
been there done that but does that give long time wsf cnp posters the right to condescend newcomers to the sport or section?im not saying you do it to me or otherwise but i have seen comments made to first time posters that would put thin skinned lads n lasses off for life.
nobody can have it both ways.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts