World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

I need a tip for a new rod.

I would like to fish for pollack from the rocks with lures from 40-60 gr.

The places where I fish are very deep, open sea.

I have a major craft seabass custom limited edition 9 6 7-35g which is actually too bad for rock fishing and more for the beach:)

I also have a small Daiwa Ags rod with 8 ft 14-42 grams but it's too short to lift the fish over the rocks.

My idea was to use a Shimano Dialuna.
Shimano Dialuna S100MH
Casting weight: 10-56g

or the Shimano Dialuna S96M 2.90m 8-45g which I could also use for bass fishing on windy days.

What do you think, would the Dialuna be enough for rockfishing? I am looking for a strong rod with which I can also catch a salmon.

Maybe there is something on the Japanese market?

I am open to everything, my budget is 300 euros.

I am looking forward to a few suggestions.

Many thanks and greetings

Patrick

· Premium Member
1,827 Posts
As said before, carp rods are great for pollack but in the right situation. If you're over the fish, fishing down into deep water you can get away with light tackle unless there's kelp around, as the fish will wrap you round it. The opposite is casting into or over kelp, where the 3lb TC carp rod is a minimum. Instead of expensive lures try a 9/0 fire orange gummi mack 3ft above a lead on a simple paternoster. The gummi's are cheap and very effective, and will pull through kelp.

· Registered
12,410 Posts
As said before, carp rods are great for pollack but in the right situation. If you're over the fish, fishing down into deep water you can get away with light tackle unless there's kelp around, as the fish will wrap you round it. The opposite is casting into or over kelp, where the 3lb TC carp rod is a minimum. Instead of expensive lures try a 9/0 fire orange gummi mack 3ft above a lead on a simple paternoster. The gummi's are cheap and very effective, and will pull through kelp.
I use an inline 1oz lead with a trailing hook 1m behind. Avoids the snags

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.