World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, I'm looking to get back into sea fishing after an 8year absence. I used to fish in Ireland but I'm now living in the west midlands. I'm looking for decent pollack marks anywhere within a 3hour drive from the west midlands and any tips anyone has for beginners. Thank you in advance.

G

·
I'm looking for decent pollack marks anywhere within a 3hour drive from the west midlands Thank you in advance.
That cuts our options down a bit.......
Best talk to Patester, though he's a bit to the north of you. (Worcester to Stafford has been known to take over 5 hours on a bad day.)

G

·
Sorry, only realised after my reply that it was your first post on here. Welcome to the Madhouse/Warzone/Family.

As you're in Worcestershire, you are limited by your 3 hour drive to SW & S Wales marks. Ask on those forums, as a lot of folks are helpful, but limit themselves to their regional forum.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
249 Posts
one hour to Birmingham Airport
one hour flight to Cork
Withinn 30 minutes of the Airport lots of pollack marks

sorted

·
Registered
770 Posts
South west wales marks produce a fair amount of pollock. Float fishing is better i find. You should be able to get to a few good marks in 3 hours i should imagine.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Joking aside, how much of the coast can you reach in 3 hours? I would hazard a guess and say, not a lot. The further you get from the motorway network, the worse the roads become.

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
Scarbourgh area is only 3 hours from you

filey brig for spinning for pollock and the coast line around the area to the north scarbourgh and to the south bridlington plenty of pollock marks around there and good for the family as well

ETEC

·
Registered
638 Posts
I live in Worcester and if the traffic is reasonable i can get to Swansea in 2 hours so i'd say just about anywhere in Wales in do-able in 3 hours.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Guess I'm judging by Lincolnshire standards. Too many horses and carts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts