World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have recently been oot and aboot on my wee rib arround cruden bay and had my fill of mackie, so fit else is oot there??
I thought that there may be some deeper water marks along the cliffs of slains castle but then after looking at a map I realised that the Bullars o Buchan are near by too.
And so thought they may be good area's for pollack.
If anyone has idea's much apreciated, the good thing about the rib is I can get to harder to reach places although don't fancy going too far out to sea!!
Cheers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi
I have recently been oot and aboot on my wee rib arround cruden bay and had my fill of mackie, so fit else is oot there??
I thought that there may be some deeper water marks along the cliffs of slains castle but then after looking at a map I realised that the Bullars o Buchan are near by too.
And so thought they may be good area's for pollack.
If anyone has idea's much apreciated, the good thing about the rib is I can get to harder to reach places although don't fancy going too far out to sea!!
Cheers.
How about actually FISHING it instead of seeing what others have to say? There's a wealth of info on this forum, a quick search will tell you there's plenty of species to be had off the cliffs....

·
Registered
475 Posts
First word of advise, I'd have a word with the fishermen at the harbour at CB. They'll put you on all the spots around CB.

There are several marks all along the cliffs from the castle all the way up to Boddam that can produce sizeable pollack (4-5 lb) and none of them are more than a few hundred yards from the cliffs, and some are within touching distance of the cliffs. You'll have to ask the local lads for the locations from the sea, as I just know them from their shore locations.

Also, either motoring from CB, or launching from Boddam harbour, you can get in to Sandford Bay and catch sea bass.

Also, there's a sand bank off the cliffs between Slains Castle and the harbour that produces nice flounder and plaice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.