World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help .I am looking for a few rock marks in Scotland ,for a holiday spot of Pollack fishing in aug ,I have been to Ireland last few years and fancy a change any info please ,also any sea fishing hotel s many thanks

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Look in the scotland section mate, couple of recent threads there

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
I will help you with the best advice you will get. Head to SKYE!
It is an epic place, that seems almost totally virgin and very under exploited.
The scenery is quite the most beautiful you will see, even getting there is memorable. The island itself is magic. Quiet, heavenly. Excellent fishing round every turn.
Two places are stand outs for pollock - the headland of to the west of Elgol, and Neist Point. Many to 10lb, and seriously powerful.
Both will offer you conger, mackerel and tope, amongst others. But pollock are awesome.
Other places for sea trout, spurdogs, skate to 200lbs.
Take ALL tackle you will need, as there are no angling shops to speak of. And I am not kidding about that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If your up for a spot of camping the wee camp site on the shores of lochcarron, you can take the mountain road to applecross, plenty of rocky marks there with some big ass pollack, as lipslicker said proper fighters, just rember to get some midgey cream they may be small but have big teeth and tatoo`s.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
im heading to skye this weekend ,,, anyone else thinking of going ? my mates dropped out,
Sadly I am working, but going up July.
After you cross the bridge, head to Broadford and about a KM in (after supermarket, sea on your right, just after a fish and chip shop) turn left. This is the road to Elgol.
Take in the views on your drive, see the Cuillins, and then park up in Elgol. Climb the bank and then make your way over the field to the NW corner of that headland. This is deep water (100 ft). Take two rods, a strong lure rod (mine was 10-50) and a mixed/heavy rod. Mackerel flapper tossed in, on trace and big hooks, sliding ledger style (conger, tope) and then start banging out dexters, deep divers, Carolina rigged jellies for pollock. Mackerel?

Cast out 80-120 yards from small headland to right of harbour at dusk/night for skate. Fairly big ones there.
Biggest (200lbs) are in loch to the south of that headland.
That is if they are in, and conditions are ok.

Use contact form on Skye fishing website to ask Iain if there are any bass around from SW beaches? Or other advice?

Have a total blast, and PM with how you got on, or any other marks that throw up luck?
All best,
Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts