World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we went wrecking off southsea on my boat yesterday and ended up with these,the best going 13lb 13oz and to top it off i had one cod just under 9lb.

as usual i won the side bet and showed the old uns how to do it.
by the way the life jackets were removed for photo purposes

can i post our total catch photo or will it cause grief?????????????

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
well done on the catch, some cracking fish there.
great pics too !

i will look forward to the total catch pic.

all the best
Andy.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well done on the catch, some cracking fish there.
great pics too !

i will look forward to the total catch pic.

all the best
Andy.
for your eyes only.

these fish popped their swim bladder so cant go back
all fish will be eaten and not wasted....

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
great catch,
these fish are well over the size limit, Ronney.

im going too attempt too catch my first pollack from shore soon, even more so after looking at these pics. :)

well done.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Minimum size for pollock is 30cm.

Alan

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well done mate, gd quality fish:)

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Probably should be in the cooking bit but on the subject of pollock: how do you guys cook 'em? I tried simply pan frying them inbutter last summer down in Cornwal but it was a bit 'tasteless' ................. nice fish by the way and the 'held up' pictures speak for themselves in the debate over catch pictures surely? Much better!!

G

·
Home smoked on a BBQ with some wood chips or grilled with butter and black pepper. If you like spicy food lightly dust with cajun seasoning after cutting into goujon strips and then fried quickly.

G

·
All White fish taste far better if they have been bled first.
Those in the pic above look like they could have benefitted from being bled.
Good day out and nice catch though!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Great fish, looks like you had a day to remember. just a thought tho, Chest Waders on and no Life Jacket ?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi what is and what size is your boat,it looks great and a brill catch as well,cheers andy
hi andy,its a hardy fishing 18 :boat:

Shropfisher Great fish, looks like you had a day to remember. just a thought tho, Chest Waders on and no Life Jacket ?

hi shropfisher, the waders were neoprene and as i said in the first post we removed the life jackets just before we took the photos :clap2:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
All White fish taste far better if they have been bled first.
Those in the pic above look like they could have benefitted from being bled.
Good day out and nice catch though!!!
Forgive my ignorance! What does 'bled' mean and how would one do it!?!:g:

G

·
...just a thought about safety.

There was a subtle coment about "Chest Waders".

There is a common view that wearing waders of any type will see you instantly sink to the bottom should you fall in.
Has anyone tried it?

The fact is that just because the waders become full of water it doesn't mean you sink. In reality you get the next closest thing to neutral bouyancy and sluggishly bob about.
It is definitely not recommended to try as it is bleeding awkward to move about in trhe water with a set of chesties on, but don't think that you will shoot to the bottom of the ogin.

·
Registered
701 Posts
...just a thought about safety.

There was a subtle coment about "Chest Waders".

There is a common view that wearing waders of any type will see you instantly sink to the bottom should you fall in.
Has anyone tried it?

The fact is that just because the waders become full of water it doesn't mean you sink. In reality you get the next closest thing to neutral bouyancy and sluggishly bob about.
It is definitely not recommended to try as it is bleeding awkward to move about in trhe water with a set of chesties on, but don't think that you will shoot to the bottom of the ogin.
I doubt you would sink because your waders were full, but I know from experience when I got out of my depth on the River Dee in " Neoprene " waders ( don't see what differrance it would make tho ) The water went over top filling my pretty tight fitting waders, then had to scramble up the bank to get out, Took forever and totaly nackered me, wouldn't fancy it in open water.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts