World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Although I've been fishing for a while I' m still green.

Wher on anglesey and how do i do a bit of pollock fishing, preferably during the day so I can travel home to manchester within decent hours.

Thanks for your help in advance. Tus a while ago you said if I needed any advice on marks you would help, unfortunately I cannot find your profile, so i f you read this pipe up and thanks v v v much for your help.

Best regarsd

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Sharkman,
PM'd you Tus details.
Fish rag on the float or spin a jelly worm on a 1 oz jig head or behind a barrel weight, on most of the rock marks.
Sorry for the short reply but texting this on the mobile.
Coastman

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Thanks for your help coastman , did anything happen about that meet that you were proposing ??
Which meet? I know we had one a couple of weeks back...

·
Registered
86 Posts
we fished wylfra powerstation 2day, caught 3 bass on 1/2 oz weight an a red gill lure best 1 weigthing 6lb other 2 went back 2 fatten up!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
yes I can see it puffin away all day from my house:thumbs:

·
Registered
86 Posts
is it just me or do u guys think that the tide at wylfra powerstation fishes better on the tide comin in as 2 goin back out?iv fished it twice now and the both times me and brother have found u get alot more hits on yer rod wen tides on way in as 2 it goin back out!ive found that an hour b4 high tide is best was getting about 7 hits in the hour !

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Guaranteed fish up to 2lb but at night (!!!) used to be Menai Bridge pier (circa 1955) fishing off the inshore side. We used small hooks (4 or 6's) with a piece (1" to 2") of brown bicycle valve tubing pushed onto it with half the circumference cut off for half its length (??) Like a Norwegian eel. By pulling the rubber up tight to the bend of the hook and securing it with cotton the thing was bent and spun in the current when plucked along. Couple of lead shot and just the length of the rod of line (8' tank aerials!!) or these days I suppose a 9-10' carbon fibre flyrod (!!!!) How times have changed since I was a lad! Curiously painting the thing with silver (aluminium!) paint made no or little difference and even the occasional sea trout fisherman with 'proper' flies didn't do as well as the brown rubber.

Fished in the Summer at the top of the tide once it was dark and you'd catch up to 10 in the hour (had to be in before 10.30 otherwise no fishing!!! Someone once had 40 odd and they were raffled on the pier that night (during Menai Bridge Carnival week)

Last time (couple of years ago) I tried spinning for them was at dusk with a small Red Flying C under the Suspension Bridge - had Pollack, Coalfish and small wrasse so perhaps the colour is similar to white bait particularly if they're about. That was at low water - you cast towards the sound of splashing fish as they chased the bait fish on the surface.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts