World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

someone told me you could target pallack with lures from tornesse. anyone has tips and tricks? would like to give it a try this week.

jan

·
Registered
116 Posts
You can target them with the usual jellies, spinners etc. from the Dollies. Watch the climb down though! Best access to this mark is from Scateraw harbour car park.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can target them with the usual jellies, spinners etc. from the Dollies. Watch the climb down though! Best access to this mark is from Scateraw harbour car park.

thanks for that. is this a good time for them? and during the day or at night?

jan

·
Registered
116 Posts
Should be starting to pick up now. Also a great place for codling and wrasse. Never fished it at night but daytime has been good. I can't imagine being brave enough to climb down at night to be honest!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
hi Jan,

ive been using a similar setup too this for Pollack and its been good for me upto now.
i was asking similar questions only a few weeks back and ive caught a few now,

alternately you can get the inline weights ( which i dont have ,thats why i use a 3 way swivel )

just simply cast out , i let the lure drop too the bottom and retrieve slowly. occasionally letting the lure drop back to bottom.
probably get more snags but more chance off fish .

ive only fished for them daytime , so dont know about the night fishing for them yet .. should try it soon enough tho.

Andy.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi Jan,

ive been using a similar setup too this for Pollack and its been good for me upto now.
i was asking similar questions only a few weeks back and ive caught a few now,

alternately you can get the inline weights ( which i dont have ,thats why i use a 3 way swivel )

just simply cast out , i let the lure drop too the bottom and retrieve slowly. occasionally letting the lure drop back to bottom.
probably get more snags but more chance off fish .

ive only fished for them daytime , so dont know about the night fishing for them yet .. should try it soon enough tho.

Andy.
hi andy!

cheers for that. could you tell me where you can catch them at the moment and or do you feel to come with us tomorrow evening?

cheers

jan

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
hi andy!

cheers for that. could you tell me where you can catch them at the moment and or do you feel to come with us tomorrow evening?

cheers

jan
ive been trying arbroath cliff area m8.
no idea about the area you mentioned.

what times are you going tommorrow ? and which mark, ? pm me if you like.
it really depends on the times.

if i cant make it , have a good yin and post up yer catch.
andy.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hi M8,
Where's the dollies? Is that the rocky bit nearest to Torness at Skateraw beach (just past the wee hut thing where the road ends)? Ive fished the rocks on the other side & right into the bay but never that side . Every time Ive been there ive never seen another rod out, take it im fishing the wrong bit... - cheers Keith

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
The 'dollies' is basically the end of the pier behind the lifeboat. You climb down the things that look like jacks right to the bottom. Some notes here:

http://www.eastlothfish.netfirms.com/els/dollie.htm

All of that side of Skateraw can be good. The rocks between the gantry and the helipad is great for summer wrasse.

good site that 101_North. the stucture too the water at that mark look pretty wierd too say the least , what is it exactly ?

is it just a man made sea barrier or summit ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
good site that 101_North. the stucture too the water at that mark look pretty wierd too say the least , what is it exactly ?

is it just a man made sea barrier or summit ?
Yeah it's a man made breakwater. They are shaped like jacks piled ontop of each other. It can be a hairy climb down with some steep drops. As the site says - avoid if it's wet. You can fish the gaps between the dollies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts