World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

It’s that time of the year when everything is feasting on the Pin sandeel, especially here in jersey. The bigger fish are coming closer to shore and the stamp of fish is much better.

I’ve started getting Jiggy with it for Pollock. Off the local piers. SG seekers in 28g and other slow pitch jig.

I like the way these SG seekers are falling. A slow glide. Seen in this latest video by us (beneath the waves fishing)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fq6-wKW48cc

does anyone else have any slow pitch jigs there use and if so can you give me a few names.

kind regards

FC

·
Premium Member
17,055 Posts
Morning all,

It’s that time of the year when everything is feasting on the Pin sandeel, especially here in jersey. The bigger fish are coming closer to shore and the stamp of fish is much better.

I’ve started getting Jiggy with it for Pollock. Off the local piers. SG seekers in 28g and other slow pitch jig.

I like the way these SG seekers are falling. A slow glide. Seen in this latest video by us (beneath the waves fishing)

does anyone else have any slow pitch jigs there use and if so can you give me a few names.

kind regards

FC
Not slow jigging but Sidewinder Lures are class
so is the traditional Red gills both brilliant for pollock.
Fiiish black minnows are also good but a bit more expensive
in all honesty pollock will take anything if the are there

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I have been enjoying success with metals. 25g sprats for both Pollack and Mackerel.
The real killer punch for me is my Ron Thompson jigger. Bright orange and yellow! Look more like goldfish, yet the Pollack love them. When everything fails, this baby always comes up trumps, like last weekend. I always keep a couple in my bag.
IMG_20200605_211408668.jpg

·
Registered
23,893 Posts
Might need a ball weight and trace for casting but these work. IMG_20200610_082149.jpg IMG_20200610_082207.jpg

·
Registered
9,311 Posts
Not slow jigging but Sidewinder Lures are class
so is the traditional Red gills both brilliant for pollock.
Fiiish black minnows are also good but a bit more expensive
in all honesty pollock will take anything if the are there
It's mad but I've not caught a thing on Sidewinders out here

·
Registered
23,893 Posts
Reactions: Batenberg

·
Registered
23,893 Posts
Hey Cfish,
Baz and I will be down your way in about an hour.
Ok,beware the path will be slippy!!! I might come over,don't fancy it really,if my legs start playing up it will be a bstard on the mud! I do fancy a dangle!

·
Registered
23,893 Posts

·
Registered
19,457 Posts
I have tried to catch pollack..but have yet to get any over 8ounces..
I use a three ounce weight..at the end..with a dropper for the lure..i work a lure as I would for mackerel..am I doing it right..?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I've never tried that method, just simple swivel and lure, but yes the same as for mackerel.
I stick a float out near rocky kelp beds too (or is it kelpy rock beds?!) I've had a few good Pollack that way too. Only thing with float is that if you're not sharp, they swallow your hook. Okay if they're keepers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts