World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mate Cookie and myself were after congers well me more,cookie picked me up at RAF Valley ,thanks for that m8 and we headed off to t bay,got to our mark and set up,Cookie put 2 rods out i took two rods out but only could put one out cos i didnt bring the other reel,silly me Cookie got straight in to snags, it was hurrendously snaggy there but we thought good for the congers. high tide was 2120 and after bthat the fished seem to switch on there,we had a load of bites but no takers then Cookie was the first on the fish with a Three Bearded Rockling on a 6/0 hook greedy bugger,the hook was nearly as big as him About 10 minutes after i was looking at videos on cookie phone then he saw a knock on my rod ,he didnt say anything and left it,cos im a bugger for stricking to soon,then another knock then he told me by the time i had adjusted myself and got to the rod the rachet was screaming,i said to myself it must be the beast,but no it was a Pollock ,a lovely fish measuring 40 cm,well another personal best for me ,and a new species for cookie,so a lovely night had again a couple of nice fish but not or intended quarry,a well there s always next weekend.
Pics to follow

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
My mate Cookie and myself were after congers well me more,cookie picked me up at RAF Valley ,thanks for that m8 and we headed off to t bay,got to our mark and set up,Cookie put 2 rods out i took two rods out but only could put one out cos i didnt bring the other reel,silly me Cookie got straight in to snags, it was hurrendously snaggy there but we thought good for the congers. high tide was 2120 and after bthat the fished seem to switch on there,we had a load of bites but no takers then Cookie was the first on the fish with a Three Bearded Rockling on a 6/0 hook greedy bugger,the hook was nearly as big as him About 10 minutes after i was looking at videos on cookie phone then he saw a knock on my rod ,he didnt say anything and left it,cos im a bugger for stricking to soon,then another knock then he told me by the time i had adjusted myself and got to the rod the rachet was screaming,i said to myself it must be the beast,but no it was a Pollock ,a lovely fish measuring 40 cm,well another personal best for me ,and a new species for cookie,so a lovely night had again a couple of nice fish but not or intended quarry,a well there s always next weekend.
Pics to follow
nice report dils wel done.shaggy

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nice one matey glad you had a few fish,plus a new species for cookie can`t be bad,well done you two,Del.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts