World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evenin' all

I notice Pompey hasn't had a mention on here for a while but was going to go out for a bash tomorrow morning regardless.

Any idea what's about? I was thinking small hooks and worm baits to see if I can scoop up some of the last few bream.

My heart says I should whack out a worm sausage on a 3/0 pennel for any cod that accidentally strays my way, but my head says I should grow up and be realistic.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
21,655 Posts
Evenin' all

I notice Pompey hasn't had a mention on here for a while but was going to go out for a bash tomorrow morning regardless.

Any idea what's about? I was thinking small hooks and worm baits to see if I can scoop up some of the last few bream.

My heart says I should whack out a worm sausage on a 3/0 pennel for any cod that accidentally strays my way, but my head says I should grow up and be realistic.

Thoughts?
:clap2: If you're going to be realistic then you've got to go for bass. :clap2:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:clap2: If you're going to be realistic then you've got to go for bass. :clap2:
Ahh bass.. that species is my nemesis this year, I've sat there staring blankly into the ocean whilst people pull them out either side of me for more hours than I'm prepared to admit to.

Definitely my unicorn species of 2012.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
You dont know if you dont try!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright you've talked me into it, looks like I'm fishing two rods.

I'm thinking pennel 2/0 running ledger.

Now.. What bait...

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Lug and cuttle ;)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lug might be off the menu unless I get out digging at 5am. I'll have to take my chances with rag, mackerel & cuttle I think.

Cheers for the advice guys, hopefully I'll break my 2012 bass duck.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, to round this thread off I can confirm that the bass are still not a feature on my species list for 2012. I'm guessing the full (ish) moon and clear skies last night kept a lot of species in the deep water.

Had about a dozen or more corkwing on the short range small hook rod so at least it wasn't a quiet session, not bad for Southsea in the daytime.

Everything but worm baits were completely ignored.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.