World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live in Bournemouth and spend most of my time on the beaches down the coast, can you recomend and decent boats (skippers) out of Poole? Been out on the boats before but mainly out of Lymngton.

Steve

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Steve

Here is the number for Poole Sea Angling Centre 01202 676597 or mobile 07909 901033

all the skippers seem ok to me...

its £19 squids for a 4 hour and £26 squids for a 8.30 - 16.30 trip.

Give Andy a ring and he will sort you out....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Steve, I highly recommend Our Gemma, Mervyn Minns is the Skipper say Garry put you in touch I've know him for years, top bloke. Generally all light tackle fishing for bream etc. good fun.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
no i am just excitable, and i would not harm your furry friend as i love dogs. so shall we have a boat trip or what? please it would be bloody marvellous and lisa would love it

V

·
0 Posts
yes ian,good idea,why not target a species like tope or whatever,but most of all a fun day out,regardless of fish. :D :D :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Ian,

First of all hope to see you down Abbotsbury tonight Bassbites and me willbe getting down to the Abbotsbury Car Park at 6:30pm then walking along to Dragons Teeth, hope to see you there.

But more to the point on this thread yes a day out on the boats is always a good laugh last year in late August wen t out will Merv on Our Gemma and live baited with mackerel using 20lb braid and a 4ox plain lead it was excellent you could feel the anticipation of the mackerel as the tope closed in had 6 with best about 30 -35lb could do that if you fancy or go for the black bream with light tackle, if you like I'll call Merv and find out what day sare free weekend I presume will be best for people. May I make the suggestion of money up front as I have been left holding the baby as it were a few times years ago and there was only me and the skipper on the boat great day but bloody expensive!

Regards Garry

·
Registered
73 Posts
What are you doing posting at that time I've only just got up and ache like hell I think its called 'feather fatigue'. Will do longer post when fully awake!

V

·
0 Posts
i was down at the dragons teeth last nite,was that you doing pendulum cast's? :D

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
yes garry was doing pendulum casts. i am not sure if i fancy that as i could end up strangling myself. facing the beach from left to right were as follows,
ian (by far the better looking of the males in the group)
garry (pendulum caster and supplyer of chicken portions)
ghosty (the non scary version of the original)
lisa was in the tent most of the time apart from when she was telling me not to worry when i was not catching
where were you?
maybe we should be allocated badges so that when we are fishing we can identify forum members

P

·
0 Posts
we were the one's with the dog and wee camp fire!,2 dog's 1 mackie.
i'm going to have to learn this pendulum casting thingy!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
i think i saw your dog. you were to the right of us a few hundred yards, black one?
did you see the umbrella incident? it looked like someone lost there brolly to the sea then someone obviously hooked it and got it back, unless the chesil ghost "willed" it back up to the beach :eek:

V

·
0 Posts
no,sorry missed that highlight,did you catch?,i saw plenty people chicken chucking(myself included)not many mackies coming out though.
on a different note,how do you post photo's on here? :D :D

THIS IS MY CHURCH,FOR TONITE COD IS THE DJ

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi viper525
to get photo's on here you need to scroll down to attach files on additional options, click on MANAGE ATTACHMENTS which will bring up a box that asks you to enter the file you wish to upload. The easy way to do this is to click browse, find the file you want then upload it. when this is done the file name will be added, when you submit the thread it will then show the picture.
hope this helps lisa :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Plaice Face if you want to learn Pendulum Casting drop me a PM and we'll go feathing it's the best way to practice, what rod reel combination are you using? It's a shame we were all next to each other and didn't say hello!

To answer Viper's question we had two Smoothhound biggest 7lb, 12 doggies, 3 Pout and a couple of dozen mackerel.

Next trip we'll all have to get together where are you guy's coming down from?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had problems with file size aswell, you need to resize the picture so that it small enough to upload. most programs will have a help tab to help you do this ( if you don't know how to do it) I managed to resize a picture small enough to put on a thread but I'm still struggling to do it for a profile picture, which is why Ian & I don't have one!
hope you get your picture on! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts