World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im on a Alderney trip 22nd-25th Aug weather pending.

Ive in the past used the Hotel car park but only for the day.

Can you park here for more than the day or can anyone suggest somewhere to park.

Any suggestions welcomed

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I am sure that you can use the hotel car park , P.M Sherbert I know he went earlier in the year.

Cheers Tony

·
Registered
553 Posts
Not sure if you can park for more than a day at the Thistle hotel (unless you're staying there).

They've recently put in pay and display ticket machines (last week I think), think it's about £6 for 8hrs or £8 fro 12hrs!!! Which is a right pain now as it used to be £4 all day.

Not to sure about where to park your car for a few days though, resisdential road close by perhaps?

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I phoned the Hotel yesterday, its £8 for 12hrs - they were unable to tell me how much for over night, they said to try at reception on arrival, might be up to the manager.

Not quite the answer i was looking for!

·
Registered
21,538 Posts
Im on a Alderney trip 22nd-25th Aug weather pending.

Ive in the past used the Hotel car park but only for the day.

Can you park here for more than the day or can anyone suggest somewhere to park.

Any suggestions welcomed
:fishing:When I went on True Blue we all parked at the skippers house/road and he ran a shuttle to the boat.:fishing:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I phoned again this morning and was told to pay at reception.

I thought this was a little strange so tried again this afternoon - told you have to ring a number thats on the MC to book and pay for more than 12 hours.

This sounds more likely as i was told yesterday the car park is not part of the hotel anymore. I get the impresstion that no one knows whats going on!

Think i might check out the ferry car park instead.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update:

Parking is - £8 upto 12 hours, £10 for 24hrs - for this option you have to phone a number on the ticket MC, however it failed to connect, so i used the ferry port car park - £7 per 24hrs.

A fellow angler used the Hotel car park, he put a 24hr ticket on car - max you can get out of MC and tried 3 times to get thru on the number to pay remaining parking with no joy.

Luckily his car was still there when we got back and not fine or clamp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts