World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with all the recent winds and weed rendering fishing on the shingle beaches nigh on impossible, i am looking for more sheltered waters to fish in :)

Have tried magazine lane today with limited success (a few small pout), so am looking to broaden my horizons. If the wind and weed continue to prevail, Poole Harbour seems a good back up plan.......hoping for a few flatties and the odd Bass.......Does anyone know of any places in the harbour that are fishing? :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Magazine Lane is a good mark but personally i would not go there unless i had a bucket of crab this time of year. Pooke Harbour is OK if yoiu know where to go and the best marks mostly involve a long walk. If you are after easy access then i would suggest trying the harbour entrance area although this can be a bit weedy at times.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Its about a 300m walk along a good path from where you park so very accessible. Find it on google earth or via a OS map.

You will get flounder, mullet and bass to fly, plug/spinner and the usual baits. Unless its during the day in the holiday season you should get some peace and quiet and find free parking (although if your coming from Poole you'll have to use the chain ferry which I believe is £3 each way).

On a settled day the water is gin clear and you'll see the mullet and bass which can be kinda frustrating!!!

Otherwise go to Hamworthy, there is a beach, jetty and free parking although it can be busy due to its locality. Same species and a few small ones too boot

Tight lines... D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts