World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fancied a trip out today despite the weather. Wanted to try out some marks at Arbroath Cliffs for pollack and maybe pick up the odd cod. Didnt expect much and didnt get much....well nothing at all really.

Strong wind from the north east, roughish seas although the water wasnt that dirty. But no bites at all on the lug and rag apart from a crab.

Tried spinning but casting and trying to fish the bottom with the rough sea and strong wind wasnt happening. Couldnt really find the bottom at all....well unless it was sand!

Few other folk out but didnt seem to have had much luck either. Dont really rate the cliffs as a summer mark, although there are one or two areas that i've seen fish well, im really after some pollack action. A few of the marks look promising.

Wind is supposed to ease up this week so next weekend is looking promising.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
unlucky Martyboy.
damm weather again ehh.. it can only get better for the pollack fishing,

a wee trip out soon i think.

Andy.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Should try over the south west coast, perhaps go for the weekend or something. Sport is begining to pick up around the Mull of Galloway area with plenty of pollack to about 4lb. Bass are begining to show aswell with quite a few being caught when the conditions are right. Im going up there next weekend, although more interested in fishing for tope from the boat if conditions are good enough to get out. I know you would like it over there Andy and Marty, its perhaps your best chance of getting some bigger specimen pollack from the shore.

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
No luck this time Marty - nice that you report the poorer sessions also - I believe we all should do that to ensure we give a balanced view
Good luck - next time !!!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No luck this time Marty - nice that you report the poorer sessions also - I believe we all should do that to ensure we give a balanced view
Good luck - next time !!!!
Cheers mate. I also like to hear how folk get on, on this side whether they've caught or not maybe try and work out what the problem is, plan for next trip etc etc.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
The good thing about days when you get nowt is that you appreciate the days when you get a couple of small ones,and then really enjoy the days when you get a few biggies.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am going out on Ally Piggot's Boat "Altaire" on Saturday.

Wish me luck. ( I am taking plenty of weights with me cos I always seem to lose plenty of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts