World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
delayed report :

decided too try a night session on the 5th, wanted too try a night float fishing session, with rag and mackerel strips for pollack,

anyway, i got setup nearby with bait rods and fished mackerel strips , rag , and fresh razors too try tempt a fish, planned on fishing bait on the bottom until dark oclock :) then change too a float.

i took a few floats which i drilled out too accept a starlight , which worked a treat.

so as night approached i had high hopes off summit.
but waited and waited , constantly changed the bait but nowt.

eventually the baited rod got a rattle , picked up and felt what i thought was a good sized fish on the end, got it closer in and soon went lighter , i must have been pulling it through kelp .. anyway was welcome and first this year , and saved the blank, a strap conger at few lbs which took a whole mackerel fillet. ( big baits hoping for really big fish , didnt work :D)
poor picture , but i hate the em and wasnt trying too position the fish too get a better picture, lol.
so quick pic and set it on its way.

poor night session , fished in light drizzle , which made the area a bit unsafe .
combined with the light easterly wind & swell slowly picking up in the flooding tide made the area a daunting place at night .

so called it a night... fished from around 8pm - midnight.

cant be much worse next session , unless i blank :D .
can only try my best.

Andy

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
well least u dint blank andy congar looks good i'll show ya what i use for night float its pretty good too

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats that Adeys? looks braw and bright. :thumbs:

ps
good luck tommorrow Arthur, look forward too yer report.

Andy

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
its a simple little party glow sticks

from the £1 shop u get diffrent colours either a necklace or bracelet
i took some to norway and the green ones glowed for a week ask bigdunny

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yup they sure did ive still got some in me tackle box .... just w8tin for winter to try them ....... hang on :g: is it no winter the noo :blink:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
adeys, my son brought in a tube of glow sticks one day and I used that on my rod tip and it was great, flexible as well and we were in the £1 shop and saw them, bought a packet and used then as tips lights for he rod. They were a bit bulky but did the job. I gave one to a guy next to me who attached it to his line, cast it out and left it for some time and then brought it back in and it was still glowing brightly. Maybe be better than glow beads.
Sorry this is off topic. The strap saved the day Andy and I am sure you would have rather had the strap than nothing, I know I would.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aye definately dougy , nowt worse than the dreaded blank :D.

these wee glow beads look the business. need too try look out for some.
cheers.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Good ye didnae blank Andy although it was maybe no your favorite fish :thumbs:

btw have you been down to the wall lately, was down yesterday 1hour either side of high, caught jack ****e. Thinking it might be aff the boil again.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Well done on the wee conger f1f3r - i happen to like them but then again i like any fish that puts in an appearance...
Just back from the breakwater where i blanked lol... was floatfishing salted lug/rag but only had small knocks that barely pulled the float under..
May try a night sesh for flounder tomorrow night before Sat's adventure..

Keep trying for that pollack mate....:thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts