World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
ah well sure what can ye do eh! Its just what you are up against there is big money in illegal netting and if you get in the way of these guys (which i do at every oppurtunity) then they will let you know they ain't happy. But their day in court will cost them a lot more than my car will cost me so not to worry. Plus if they think it will put me off then they really don't know what im like, if they felt pestered before check out how much ill be out there now! :thumbs: Like a dog with a bone boy! I just wont let go!!!:clap2:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah well sure what can ye do eh! Its just what you are up against there is big money in illegal netting and if you get in the way of these guys (which i do at every oppurtunity) then they will let you know they ain't happy. But their day in court will cost them a lot more than my car will cost me so not to worry. Plus if they think it will put me off then they really don't know what im like, if they felt pestered before check out how much ill be out there now! :thumbs: Like a dog with a bone boy! I just wont let go!!!:clap2:
was Pauls car there too? (nice fish btw Paul :thumbs:)

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Just take care Pat,, if they're willing to do your car, they may be willing to take it further, so be safe.. Marc. :thumbs:

·
Registered
25,144 Posts
Just take care Pat,, if they're willing to do your car, they may be willing to take it further, so be safe.. Marc. :thumbs:
when i was doing a bit of part time river keeping i was approached by a poacher who explained to me How easy it would be for me to drown in the river. So be carefull!!:black_eye

·
Registered
432 Posts
As an ex water bailiff on the Aberdeenshire Dee I can appreciate the problem. Got a lot of respect for the balls and attitude displayed. Good example to us all. Well done that man.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i ve seen loads of nets along that stretch of coast
and there everytime i go back, never seen the fishery officers, i wonder wat would happen if there boats were smashed up? I was down at dunabratin head and the nets were one 30 yards from the rocks, pat if you have a number for our local baillifs could you send them on

·
Registered
339 Posts
somebody must be ****ed,!!! fair play Padge hope you get some results over this, see you juring the week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah tom its the same crew,who had the net we found! they think dat they can just put us off by this,far from it,just makes us more determined to put a stop to them! i for one will be spending a lot more time out around this area now even more so,as i dont think its the last of them weve seen,theyll be looking for new places to butcher our bass so anybody sees anything out of the ordinary report it straight away!

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah tom its the same crew,who had the net we found! they think dat they can just put us off by this,far from it,just makes us more determined to put a stop to them! i for one will be spending a lot more time out around this area now even more so,as i dont think its the last of them weve seen,theyll be looking for new places to butcher our bass so anybody sees anything out of the ordinary report it straight away!
respect! but be careful boys :victory:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've never seen netting before, how do you recognise it and how far out do they put it?
If people kept a light grapnel hook and line in the car would it be possible to reach the nets with a throw and drag them in?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've never seen netting before, how do you recognise it and how far out do they put it?
If people kept a light grapnel hook and line in the car would it be possible to reach the nets with a throw and drag them in?
not sure if this is a net or just lobster pots pic from wexford
Coastal and oceanic landforms Coast Grey Shore Calm

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi Pat,

Don,t let this sick losers get you down mate.
Like you said: "They are my way of life"

Don,t let anyone take that drive away form you.....never !
You are the one that deserves respect, shame on them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
most often they are set from the shore,thats the ones weve found! they set them at low water and then go check on them the next low water! youll usually see a line of oval shaped floats and the net will be anchored at either end!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts