World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
40 mile round trip on Sat. morning to dig some lugworm, arrived to find the tide almost fully in. I'd looked at the wrong date in the tidal predictions. Back again in the afternoon, murder trying to get worms where the previous week they were o.k. Digging an ebbing tide with the garden fork instead of my old bait fork didn't help matters. I always find the worms easier when the tide is flooding. One good point, found my first peelers of the year, a total of 5, one which was a softie which probably peeled last week. Let them all go as I was going to target plaice on Sunday, and for some reason every plaice that I have caught has fallen for lug. Went to my favourite plaice mark, where we used to catch them in excess of 4lb. long snoods, lots of beads, two rods and not a nibble, sea perhaps a bit too coloured, but that's fishing, will persevere until one of those flatties with the bright red spots is attracted to my baits. All in all a 120 mile car journey and 2 hours on foot all for zilch, roll on the next time. It makes it all the more rewarding when you do catch your target species, especially if it is a whopper. Scenery was good, to my left Heston Island and to my front Balcary hotel and point. High water mark had tons of marine debris, fishing boxes, wood, plastic, almost unbelievable the amount of stuff washed up, talk about leaving the shoreline tidy, you should see this little lot, meant to take a photo of it, but will do so next time.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Shame you put in so much effort for nothing in return! I've slipped further and further to the darkside and have only been pike fishing for the past 2 weeks :unsure:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Unlucky dabhand mate-Blanking is bad enough, but when you put in so much effort and travelling it makes it even worse.
Im sure a better session will follow shortly, it seems to be swings and roundabouts in this game.

Horse on.....

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
i know the feeling :) .

but ye gotta be in it too win it, and atleast you tried.
look on the bright side , it can only get better :)

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aye, will try again this Sunday, love the long walks thru wild countryside, en route to my mark, among the debris at the high tide mark is an almost new large marker buoy, with stainless shackles, good rope and a pick up buoy. Must have parted company with their anchorage during recent storms. I think I am right in saying that if I bring them home they belong to me, if not they can stay there as it is quite a long trek.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts