World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, was just wondering has anyone ever used popcorn as bait? Is it legal? Reason being i fished River Adur last night using bread and half the time the bread would come off on the impact with the water and thought maybe popcorn would stay on the hook a bit better. I cant see it being much different to using bread apart from the bread slowly crumbling away.

Luke

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hi all, was just wondering has anyone ever used popcorn as bait? Is it legal? Reason being i fished River Adur last night using bread and half the time the bread would come off on the impact with the water and thought maybe popcorn would stay on the hook a bit better. I cant see it being much different to using bread apart from the bread slowly crumbling away.

Luke
interesting idea, why wouldn't it be legal? you should try it!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

Luke
Maybe your casting to strong a gentle lob is all you need or not pasting the bread propely...hooks size 10-6 should cope depending on bait size....as for the popcorn well try it and see you never know

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Lol ive actually tried using toffee popcorn while night fishing for carp caught aswell only a few pound but was shocked lol woke me up early hours in the morning

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Mrs Sparks here This reminds me of many years ago Sparks was going freshwater fishing somewhere and was discussing bait with his Dad and I piped up "Where was it I heard Sugar lumps were a really good bait?" to which much derision and how they could be put on a hook etc when I remembered it was Dougal fishing on The Magic Roundabout. How Stupid!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts