World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a bit of info here folks . . . . . . have cleaned the car and more or less decided to wait til tomorrow to catch up on paper work !

So, was thinking of doing a couple of hours of spinning at low tide this evening with some newly acquired poppers. The water still has loads of colour round Westbrook way so I was wondering if it's still worthwhile giving it a bash or whether I'd be better doing paper work today and drowning some worms tomorrow instead ? :fishing1:

·
Registered
451 Posts
do your paper work or travel to dover or somewhere the waters clear... the fish need to see the lure to chase it ....good luck...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do your paper work or travel to dover or somewhere the waters clear... the fish need to see the lure to chase it ....good luck...
Thanks Ruben . . . . . . I think I was trying to persuade myself that the poppers noise would be enough but was only fooling myself. I don't know of any area's to spin for Bass other than around here. Done loads of Mackie spinning recently at Dover and Hoe and need a change !

·
Registered
768 Posts
From recent experience i can say the clarity isnt all that important at all, as i know someone on here is having great result in very dirty water on spinners, wobbling spoons, shads and storm eels. I think its a lot more to do with vibrations than anything else!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
From recent experience i can say the clarity isnt all that important at all, as i know someone on here is having great result in very dirty water on spinners, wobbling spoons, shads and storm eels. I think its a lot more to do with vibrations than anything else!
:thumbs: What colour wobble you prefer ? :nerd:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not total, but 50% because it is much much harder in dirty water. In dirty water poppers are a better bet than sub surface, sub surface go for lures with a rattle and in dark colours.
Cheers folks . . . . not that it'll prove anything what so ever but I guess I will just have to have a go this evening and find out the hard way . . . . I know - life is so tough eh :fishing: and if I get my A into G and get the paperwork done when I get back I'll go bait fishing tomorrow aswell ! :fishing1: Will post results one way or another !

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
If they are there, they will take anything

Walker's crisp packet (inch squared)tied above any size hook will do the business :thumbs:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If they are there, they will take anything

Walker's crisp packet (inch squared)tied above any size hook will do the business :thumbs:
I just spent thirty odd quid on four poppers and I could have had a packet of wotzits and used the packet ! :clap:

·
The cheeky Essex lure fisher
13,191 Posts
with poppers id be down shakespear or the warren looking for clear water in the evening or early morn theres big bass at the addy so you cant tell me they dont move around from the end

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
with poppers id be down shakespear or the warren looking for clear water in the evening or early morn theres big bass at the addy so you cant tell me they dont move around from the end

Wandered down to Westbrook beach just off the rocks - in about four foot of flat calm water bar the occasional rogue wave. Fished one hour down and half an hour up. Water still really murky with loads of weed. No sign of Berty Bass . . . no takes or rises seen. Tried the whole box of poppers and a couple of sub surface.

Have been down there many a time and seen the tail slaps on the surface so can only surmise that they were elsewhere !

Bait fishing tomorrow . . . . . will look out for some clear water somewhere for an early morning stint then bait fish the rest of the day .

G

·
i am now confused .com,
i get told the water needs to have colour in it with baited hooks,
then look here and see advice that the water needs to be clear ,
is this with poppers etc, or what .com?
i only want one bass to put the majic back in fishing,
someone help me please, i aint got that much hair left after rubbing my head for the last couple of months,
where are they grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, lol:icecream:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Wandered down to Westbrook beach just off the rocks - in about four foot of flat calm water bar the occasional rogue wave. Fished one hour down and half an hour up. Water still really murky with loads of weed. No sign of Berty Bass . . . no takes or rises seen. Tried the whole box of poppers and a couple of sub surface.

Have been down there many a time and seen the tail slaps on the surface so can only surmise that they were elsewhere !

Bait fishing tomorrow . . . . . will look out for some clear water somewhere for an early morning stint then bait fish the rest of the day .
unlucky nick. didnt want to tell you to fish in water i wouldnt think would produce a fish or two. obviously im not as gifted as nally at dragging in shirleys in coloured water on lures or a crisp packet lol...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts