World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year before the family trip to Cornwall (which was class), i stocked up on some fishing gear. As i was in the shop i noticed a little pink fishing combo! I though to myself "Poppy has GOT to have one of those", so i shelled out the £10 for the little rod and reel. Not a bad little rod, its a shakespheare Rod with a Little shakespheare F/S reel loaded with 6lb line. Unfortunately i didnt get to go fishing with my daughter on holiday so the rod has been unused.:schmoll:

This morning when i got up poppy came up to me and asked where her fishing rod was. So i told her we would go fishing, bad move because she did nothing but go on about it for the next 2hrs clining to my leg and saying she wanted to catch a fishy!

So here are a few pics of poppys first ever fishing session. She had a small float weight which had the line passed through it a few times to keep it in place. At the end of the line was a size 2 hook with squid as bait.

Getting to grips with her new rod and reel :)

It was a bit too windy from where we started off so just for fun, we went to the creek which runs from the beach at hampton.

The creek which runs from the sea.

Just something i want to ask you guys on here. What do you think/if any, would go down this creek as it comes directly from the sea. Its very murcky and not too deep but there must be something there? eels probably!

Oh by the way..she blanked! Just like her daddy! We were only there for about 30mins as she soon got bored LOL. Ill soon get her more interested tho :blink: :)

M

·
0 Posts
Wait until it's warmer Lee and our girls will come along and fish with her too.

Don't let Corrie see the pink rod or she will want one too....

What is it with pink things?

They have a whole section of pink stuff in Halfords and it's a devil trying to drag a grown woman past it.

We are waiting for the wind to change and we will be out this week sometime. Kids are away until Easter Monday.. Woohoo!!

Malcolm.

D

·
0 Posts
hi whopper,

i wouldn't be suprised if school bass get in that creek mate.there are some salt water ***** around the river swale and in these i have put some crab traps.loads of crabs in them,a dead rat!!!!and small live bass too!there wasn't much left of the rat though!!......dave.

15,082 Posts
Nice report and pics whopper...Makes a change to see something different on this site!.....Dont let crouchy see that little pink rod & reel though..He'll nick it as it's better than his!

Ron

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Nice report and pics whopper...Makes a change to see something different on this site!.....Dont let crouchy see that little pink rod & reel though..He'll nick it as it's better than his!

Ron
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: very funny!!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I think you should bring her to Felixstowe Whop, The Kent team need all the help they can get :clap2:

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Malcolm, i will deffinately take you up on that offer nearer the summer. And poppy is pink mad, her room is pink, she wears pink alot, her little scooter is pink....etc etc etc:blink:

Dave, Ive been looking at that creek for years thinking that there may be something "Traveling" through there when the tide flood. Interesting.:g:

Ron, Crouchy will have to fight her if he wants the fishing rod..she may win though as shes got a deft right hand:)

Issy, I might just bring her along.....so she can put you Essex boys to shame:)

I think she would be fascinated if she actually caught something. I will go down dover with her in the summer with a set of Macky feathers i bet they would be fun on that rod, you can almost tie knots in it!

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Have a great /grandson (6) soon as it is mentioned i am fishing he wants to get his share,problem is once they catch the first one you have a problem,you cant stop them,its a very good excuse for the boss as the little un has to have there way but it keeps them out of trouble,but pink rods ? be carefull you dont get caught useing it == PAT

C

·
0 Posts
Bring her out on the boat for an hours mackerelling in the summer Lee and she will be 'hooked' for life:)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I bought 2 of those outfits (not pink) a few years back when Chesil was too rough to fish and I wanted a few hours fishing in the shelter of the harbour at West Bay, mackerel on these rods are fun ! Have had eels, flounders, school bass, wrasse up to 2lbs and all sorts of other stuff from piers and jetties. They are used most for trailing a string of the tiniest hokai lures alongside the pier at Swanage to catch sand eels/sand smelt for live bait. If they made them with a lined tip ring they would be better as mine have worn out from constant use.

15,082 Posts
Malcolm, i will deffinately take you up on that offer nearer the summer. And poppy is pink mad, her room is pink, she wears pink alot, her little scooter is pink....etc etc etc:blink:

Dave, Ive been looking at that creek for years thinking that there may be something "Traveling" through there when the tide flood. Interesting.:g:

Ron, Crouchy will have to fight her if he wants the fishing rod..she may win though as shes got a deft right hand:)

Issy, I might just bring her along.....so she can put you Essex boys to shame:)

I think she would be fascinated if she actually caught something. I will go down dover with her in the summer with a set of Macky feathers i bet they would be fun on that rod, you can almost tie knots in it!
Be carefull Whopper with what you say!....Crouchy will want that Pink scooter for him and Crabber to go to Canvey Island on.

Ron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts