World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if you can get anything to insert into a dead bait {ie sand eal} that will make it float or popup?:notworthy

·
Registered
42 Posts
When I'm pike fishing I pop my baits up by injecting them with air, the nearest to sandeel i've used are the big Launce which hold air really well. Although i'm not too sure how they would stand up to really big casts, might just blow them apart if they are full of air. Another way is attatching poly balls with fuse wire to your bottom hook, that way you don't lose them.
Not sure if any of that is any use for sea fishing, but there you go:g: :g:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I use balsawood inserts(shaped like a pencil) that i use when fishing for big Catfish.

Make suer you tie nylon from the stick to the hook so you dont loose them.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Does anybody know if you can get anything to insert into a dead bait {ie sand eal} that will make it float or popup?:notworthy
OK....
from the bottom up (if that makes sense)

Lead to rotten bottom if fishing rough ground. Bead, half a 1oz polystyrene float, bead, trace on a swivel that can travel up and down the main line, bead, stop knot set however far up you want the bait to pop.

After casting the float starts to rise and lifts your trace until it gets to the stop knot.....simple and ver effective.

By using this method you are guaranteed to pop your bait up to the height you want. You can pop up quite big baits in this way and target pollack eels, huss etc in really rough ground.:)

·
Registered
11,520 Posts
i use a large floating bead or lump of poly foam. the large bead can be trapped between smaller beads about4in from the hook. the foam is a last minute thing that gets taped with elec tape to the line agaion about 4in from the hook.

these will lift a bait off the bottom for gars, mackerel, bass and bream.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts