World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't bother coming boat fishing during the winter months of July and August unless you are extremely lucky with the wind or you can handle being thrown around, because during these months you will find that they get a constant trade wind and the only real break in these constant 10 to 15 knot S/W winds is during the night.

So with a slight improvement in conditions we left late Monday afternoon and headed slowly towards the Batt Reef. Fishing was constant through the night, with some good sized sweeplip, a few jacks, numerious small fingermarks and a big mouth red emperior. I did catch a 30lb Red Bass, but was informed the fish have the disease secretaria. All fish came on either whole squid or pilchards.

After a few hours shut eye I was up just before 1st light and into the fish, between 5am and mid morning I caught another 10 fish, mostly small sweeplid but 3 were coral trout of about 45cm. I also caught a big bat fish of about 25lb and what a great fighting fish that was and lost a big spanish mackerel to a live bait that smashed me off within seconds.

A Red Bass

A Bat Fish

A few Coral Trout

A Sweetlip

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank God, you are catching fish again.......I was getting a tad worried that you had lost your mojo.
me 2 :help: .
But things will change for the better when this fish finder is fitted this week on my mates boat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts