World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
View from the front door.

We arrived at Sandhead on Friday about 12 O'Clock and unpacked. Had
a coffee and something to eat while the tide went out. I went down to dig for lug with the intention of fishing Sandhead beach on Saturday morning. I later phoned Ryan(---ryan---cee-2kaii8---) to see if he fancied fishing. His dad, John said he'd go too. They arrived at 7 on Saturday morning and we decided on Port Logan instead. Dug some more lug and went to Ardwell and bought some Sandeel and off we went.

The weather was warm, then wet, then warm etc etc. First cast I got a good take after only a few minutes, but got snagged and didn't land it. Second cast I got another good take and this time a nice wee Wrasse of 2 1/2lb came in. After weighing and a quick photo, I took it down the steps onto the sand and it swam away. There was Nothing after this for about 30 minutes, then I got another wee Wrass, just over 1 1/2 lbs. Again this was released on the sand. Ryan and John were unlucky to get a lot of bites and snags. All fish were caught about 1 hour after the tide had turned and nothing but ROCKS were caught after that. If all the fish hooked were landed, it would have been a productive day for all of us, but it was a good day and we'll be doing it again soon. We were talking to some Geordie lads(or maybe mackem?) who were asking for marks. Hope you found some fish lads.

Could somebody let me know if the photos come through ok. I've followed the instructions on Cascars tutorial.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
great report alec and good pics

·
Coatbridge Angler
1,024 Posts
aye mate pics were spot on last time i was at that mark we fished just aff the rock to the left of the pier we got good pollock on the spinner fying c red that was the night before ian tooks us out on the boat:wiggle:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There were 4 boats launched throughout the day too. Anybody on here? And there was some fellas fishing on the rocks to the left of the car park.
I forgot to put in my report, the pier was clean and tidy when we arrived and the same when we left so I hope the idiots who are threatening our fishing from the pier keep it that way. I'll be back to Sandhead in a couple of weeks for more fishing.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the problem with rock fishing. It costs a lot of tackle. Never mind, You'll get some fish the next time.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't know yet, maybe in a couple of weeks. I'm on holiday from 18th August till 4th September.

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
Port logan, aka tackle grave yard

good report, i stil havent had a wrasse this year, everyone is getting them bar me lol..........:giveup: im getting close....na, i'll just keep trying,

well done guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts