World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

Message below from well known SW boat angler and competition organiser Tom Stevenson regarding Port Logan Slipway. The slip is deteriorating and is in danger of being lost. This is the only access to Port Logan beach for towing boats. The slip is owned by Logan estates, but they have no interest in it's upkeep as it does not bring them any income. The danger is that if they start to maintain it - they may charge for using it.

Gordon

Logan Slip

I have spoken to Andy the owner of Logan estates, he has inspected the slip himself, by the way in a past life he was a structural engineer.
He is more then happy that we carry out any work to the slip and agrees if remedial work is not carried out there is a good chance that the concrete slab could crack which would leave to a very quick deterioration of the slip.
He has offered some help, but we would still need a few tonnes of hard core, and if possible concrete.
The idea would be to dig out the sand at the sides, back fill with hard core then concrete, also if possible extend the slip by a few feet.
Although we have many who are happy to donate their time we will need a few hundred pounds to complete the job satisfactorily.
One way to raise the funds, is ask for items to raffle or auction, or ask for a direct contribution.
Any monies left over would be donated to the local community funds of Logan.
Please have your say, this is a very important access for all boat anglers fishing the SW.

·
Registered
159 Posts
All,

speak to the nearest quarry to the slipway they may donate stone free of charge quarry's always left over stone called junk .

Message below from well known SW boat angler and competition organiser Tom Stevenson regarding Port Logan Slipway. The slip is deteriorating and is in danger of being lost. This is the only access to Port Logan beach for towing boats. The slip is owned by Logan estates, but they have no interest in it's upkeep as it does not bring them any income. The danger is that if they start to maintain it - they may charge for using it.

Several Ayr SAC members have already made a donation. If you would like to make a contribution towards this project (however large or small) then please forward to me via paypal; [email protected]. Remember to mark this as a gift to avoid fees. I will forward all donations received onto Tom. Please follow up with a quick email to let me know who has donated what.

Gordon

Logan Slip

I have spoken to Andy the owner of Logan estates, he has inspected the slip himself, by the way in a past life he was a structural engineer.
He is more then happy that we carry out any work to the slip and agrees if remedial work is not carried out there is a good chance that the concrete slab could crack which would leave to a very quick deterioration of the slip.
He has offered some help, but we would still need a few tonnes of hard core, and if possible concrete.
The idea would be to dig out the sand at the sides, back fill with hard core then concrete, also if possible extend the slip by a few feet.
Although we have many who are happy to donate their time we will need a few hundred pounds to complete the job satisfactorily.
One way to raise the funds, is ask for items to raffle or auction, or ask for a direct contribution.
Any monies left over would be donated to the local community funds of Logan.
Please have your say, this is a very important access for all boat anglers fishing the SW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts