World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down with Norrie Andy and BMAC - slightly concerned as it was windy and much of it from the south :yucky: - which is the worst direction for the area.
We were out with Ian on On yer Marks and he gave us a smashing day in difficult conditions.
We had some pollack to 6 Lb some lovely ballans and some other bits and pieces eg gurnards , codling ,corkwing wrasse ,doggies :)
Norrie and BMAC had perhaps the best of it - Norrie winning the sweep for the biggest pollack at about 6Lb :clap2:,they had a lot of fish and many about 4 Lb. BMAC on the leadhead and Norrie on the float
I tended to fish closer to the bottom on a flowing trace and had a lot of wrasse - mostly very red as if they were in the kelp. I didnt get all that many pollack - funnily enough Norrie mentioned this a couple of times :schmoll:
We tried for tope briefly - but got the mother of all tangles as the boat was birling in the strong winds and swell !!! :unsure:
Big Haddie ,Guy , and Snatcher all came to see us which was superb (was that Conger Conger ?? if it was m8 - I am really sorry - I didnt realise )
Nice to meet you Lewis - sorry we didnt have time for a chat !!!
A great day in smashing company with a really good skipper who knows his stuff inside out - back in a fortnight when I expect to win the biggest fish and the species hunt :)
Oh and appologies to Christine for the incident on the beach :unsure:
Peter :)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
wished i had been down ,they always have a good time down there:icecream::drunk:

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Nice report mate, as you've probably read in my report we had a day much the same (other than that one big double) didn't have any ballans either as we had no rag but still managed cuckoo's on small mackie strips :fish:

Big Haddie ,Guy , and Snatcher all came to see us which was superb (was that Conger Conger ?? if it was m8 - I am really sorry - I didnt realise )
Snatcher and Big Haddie, were you in the car with Guy and CongerConger? If so I apologise for not saying hello, couldn't really see the guys in the back of the car so I'm sorry I didn't say anything! Not great weather for those silver bars snatcher, how did you get on this weekend? :)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Don't worry Peter, What happens in Port Logan stays in Port Logan :)
Good day had by all, Roll on a fortnight.

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
, couldn't really see the guys in the back of the car so I'm sorry I didn't say anything!

ROFLMAO...Peter had the same problem !!!!! :):)

Lewis, Snatcher had been an gone before you showed up, and Les was there at to meet us off the boat...with his mate.. Tony...surprised youy didnt see them :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
good report there peter good to meet up with you guys , faces to names at last !!:notworthy:notworthy that wind on sat was something else really put a dampener on the fishing for you guys , :giveup: i,ll put up a wee report of our session on another thread !!:clap2:

·
Team Jedi
1,639 Posts
Good report Peter ,pity the weather wasnt good for the Tope but sounds like you all had a good time anyway,some nice pollack and Wrasse :)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Snatcher and Big Haddie, were you in the car with Guy and CongerConger? If so I apologise for not saying hello, couldn't really see the guys in the back of the car so I'm sorry I didn't say anything! Not great weather for those silver bars snatcher, how did you get on this weekend? :)
lewis,

me, tony and snatcher were in the pub when your boat came in as we were waiting to see norrie and ian, but as usual mr burrett, last in as always...lol

i got a wee tope at logan on friday, 20-22lb on hokeyes baited with launce:clap3:

·
Registered
962 Posts
lewis,

me, tony and snatcher were in the pub when your boat came in as we were waiting to see norrie and ian, but as usual mr burrett, last in as always...lol

i got a wee tope at logan on friday, 20-22lb on hokeyes baited with launce:clap3:
Hi Les

Sorry to see you wimped out on Sunday. What a day. Rain never stopped all day and crap fishing.

Spike had a couple on that decided they had had enough by 11 O'clock. My crew laughed at the time but i recon they made the right choice.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I went toping on Friday near the yellow bouy out of Ardwell with my dad in our small Sea Hog. Plenty of dubby down, but could not get through the vast shoals of doggies. I was even getting them on very large macky fillet baits after taking about 25-30 doggies after 2h30mins we decied to come back in. Incidently caught plenty of mackerel and small pollack drifting with daylights close in, and even caught macky under the boat while anchored up. The bass fishing on Saturday made up for it though, my dad had 5 fish between 5lb and 1lb8oz and i had 3 fish between 2lb and 3lb. We kept two fish each returning the two smallest fish to grow a bit more and the larger fish to breed. All fish taken were between 41cm and 47cm and came on 20g Abu Toby Redwolf lures. The wind made it uncomfortable, but there were a few bass there (loads of turns diving) with quite a few fish coming off and plenty of hits on the lures.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
[QUOTE
Don't worry Peter,

Christine though you had a sand eel in your hand[/QUOTE]

:)

Really enjoyed meeting you all again.:)

Looking forward to our next "adventure" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:unsure::giveup:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
[QUOTE
Don't worry Peter,

Christine though you had a sand eel in your hand[/QUOTE]

so it def. was,nt a launce then ian:bleh::bleh::whistling

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Guy, How did you get on Sun ?? Not seen a report

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
davy was going to do the report , but i think he is under a bit of pressure at work , just moved jobs an stuff , but there is not much for the report , none of the boats had any tope even mister b was giving his golden orbs a real shinning an it did,nt happen for him :giveup:, my crew had loads of pollock to 7lb an the usuall mixed bag , there were a few sore heads on the boat ,:yucky: i gave my place to a new crew member and had a fish with a couple of geordie lads an snatcher , def. not a lot to report there , blank ,blank, an blank!! never went to the mark from sat, tooooo wet so fished up the bay ! just heard from ian today he had 28 tope to 50lb today with spike helping himself to 23 , just typical aint it , should have been here next weekend eh!!:giveup::giveup:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
We are back down next weekend, Staying in the Clash Fri, Sat and out with Ian sat & Sun lets hope its as good :):):):):)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
We are back down next weekend, Staying in the Clash Fri, Sat and out with Ian sat & Sun lets hope its as good :):):):):)
might just see you there !! geordie lads are up for 5 days with mally so might pop down an try wickle out another of them big grey sleek fullas from the shore !

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Nice one ! we are gonna have a "wee" shore session on the Sat night me thinks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts