World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im away fishing tomorrow night with mate and 2 kids,we were going to either port logan or ardwell point on west side,with forecast to be rough are these venues fishable,or would i be better in luce bay side,maybe coal shed or drumore,any help apreciated,av got soft crab,mackies,squid for bait,ive never been night fishing before,is spinning an option.

·
Registered
265 Posts
im away fishing tomorrow night with mate and 2 kids,we were going to either port logan or ardwell point on west side,with forecast to be rough are these venues fishable,or would i be better in luce bay side,maybe coal shed or drumore,any help apreciated,av got soft crab,mackies,squid for bait,ive never been night fishing before,is spinning an option.
If the wind is to be strong,west or southwest,always stick to the lee side,the west side can be very dangerous in those winds,you can't take chances,with the sea,especially with kids involved,how would you feel if something happened to the kids,so my advice is if it is rough on the west side,stick to East Tarbert or someplace like that.Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers jim,i wouldny take chances with kids,im going down for about 930 tonight,see how west side is and if wild go to east,looking forward to it,not been for while.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
i fished the west side last night just as the wind picked up so if i had kids with me i would stick to the east side

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks colin,just got jeep loaded,picking mate up at 7 east side it is,where would best bet be terrally bay or east tarbert,ive never fished east tarbert so dont know ma footing in dark with kids,any ideas anybody.

·
Registered
281 Posts
yeah, recce area properly b4 you take kids at night, better safe then sorry. We don't want to read about any more horror stories here :bangin:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
thanks colin,just got jeep loaded,picking mate up at 7 east side it is,where would best bet be terrally bay or east tarbert,ive never fished east tarbert so dont know ma footing in dark with kids,any ideas anybody.
The rocks at East Tarbet are a suicide mission in the dark mate, there are a couple of voids semi covered with grass just off the sheep tracks, my advice is be safe & stick to the beach with the kids.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts